the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

active arm/dome sprvsn/and active re-arm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the1alchemist 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't seen anyone say aything about this anywhere else..
number one, if i am not mistaken,a viper for instance(again,i think,if i am wrong,please make sure,and post something,i may be lacking info,but i dont think so)
again,number one: vipers cannot be armed actively ONLY,AND if you dis-arm it,it wont re-arm..
as i said mmore of a q,then an a..lemme know if wrong!
number two: for the alarms that can be active;so you don't lock your keys in the car,but if you accidently hit the disarm button,and for whatever reason,you don't know this happened,the alarm should re-arm,and re-lock
now this is fine and dandy until you use dome supervision.
the alarm wont re-arm if the door is opened,so it knows you wanted to dis-arm it..
this is easy on say later toyota's,hondas,etc..where you can feed a ground to the dome,and the triggers for the doors are diode isolated..i always use the doors,not dome lights for trigger,like i said unless of course,they are one in the same,like older gm's,older fords(+),
now if you have one of these vehicles that the trigger IS the one side of the dome light wire,try this:
1) cut the trigger wire going to the dome light( on multi- dome light vehicles,i just pick the most usefull one,or try to find a pre-split trigger,but that takes more time than i usually take!which is already too much.)
85 - dome light supervision output from alarm(-usually)
86 - 12 v+
30 - take the wire that goes to the dome light,the end
     that you cut,that when you ground it,or + it(fords,
     jag)the dome lights up..and ONLY that wire to 30..
87a - put the other end you cut here,along with the
      trigger wire for the alarm,-(gm's),+(ford,jag)
87 - put a ground here,for gm's,jump from 86 if ford/jag
for those that dont KNOW relays,that way when the dome supervision is triggered,the light gets a signal to turn it on,but doesn't feed it to the alarm!
but if the door is opened,the alarm still gets the trigger! which prevents it from re-arming..
i am a nut whenit comes to anything i do with the car,and for me a security system is just that,it shouldn't be annoying,nor should you "have to keep the dome light switch on"(gm suvs/trucks),or do anything special whenever remotely possible! and if you screw up,it should do what it can about it,like i said if someone can tell me i am wrong about making a viper actively arm,but automatically re-arm as long as a door isn't opened,please tell me!! i have been doing this long enough to know that i dont know everything! i am always trying to use what i KNOW to give the customer what he/she may/may not know they need..
sorry for the length,but if you have read anything else i have written,i try my best to be as clear,and thorough as i can..and hopefully something i say helps someone!
i try to field as many peoples q's as i can,if i know..
L8r Dudes..
'Stereo' Mike
The Audio CARtist,LLC
9600 Balt. Ave.
College Park,MD 20740
301-474-6260
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure of your question, but this Viper ad says:

• The features of the system are described below.
  • 1-1 ACTIVE/PASSIVE ARMING
  • 1-2 CHIRPS ON/OFF: This feature controls the chirps that confirm the arming & disarming of the system.
  • 1-3 IGNITION CONTROLLED DOOR LOCKS ON/OFF
  • 1-4 IGNITION CONTROLLED UNLOCK: When turned ON the doors will unlock when the ignition is turned OFF.
  • 1-5 ACTIVE/PASSIVE LOCKING
  • NOTE: Remember, when passive arming is selected, the unit will chirp 20 seconds after the last door is closed. The system does not actually arm or lock the doors until 30 seconds after the door has been closed.
  • MO
    Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
    You Might Be the One That Knows.
    the1alchemist 
    Copper - Posts: 65
    Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: October 12, 2004 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
    more a statement than a q,but this would be the q:can a viper BOTH actively arm(must push t-mitter)
    & re-arm & re-lock (if you push the disarm button,but don't open a door..)
    but what I was getting at is:
    you..IE:customer..WILL accidentally push your disarm button on your t-mitter..it happens.. right?..
    my point is this,personally I try to hook up as many features as possible..dome light supervision being a prime example..
    one thing I try to talk people OUT OF is passive arming..
    this is because,over the years I have heard TOO many people that complained they locked their keys in the car..had to call a locksmith..husband..wife etc...
    well passive arming has it's benefits,it's always armed right? if it's dis-armed,it will re-arm..
    now..I figure people would rather have control over when the car is locked(see it happen,hear it etc..)..so I make the alarm active only..
    so they arm the alarm,the doors are locked..
    as above,at some point in time they WILL accidentally push the disarm button,well the crimestopper line, for instance, allows for active re-arm(I guess passive re-arm is more like it..semantics..anyway,if you hit the disarm button,and you don't open a door,it will re-arm,and re-lock(without it passively arming itself in the first place;the customer HAD to have the t-mitter in their hands(not locked in car in the first place,nor when it re-arms/locks itself(obviously)))
    now..with dome supervision,by just feeding a ground/+12 v,whichever is needed to light the dome,(assuming previous post is read,IE:diode isolated etc..exceptions..),then the alarm thinks the door has been opened..this defeats the active re-arm..the relay situation I described in the previous post allows for non-diode isolated dome system to be :
    actively armed(t-mitter CANNOT be locked in car)
    active re-armed (car re-locks if unintentionally disarmed)
    & dome light supervision works
    & of course when dome light supervision is used,this looks more like a factory system,nobody has ever given me a good explanation for dome supervision(safety? you can see in the car?) doesn't matter to me,its there,someone wants it for whatever reason,and for those that are half as anal as I am about the job I am paid to do,I try to make things as non-obtrusive,functional,and with regards to security systems,as secure as possible!..
    if I need to go farther..
    this gives someone 30 seconds from the unintentional pushing of the disarm button on a transmitter to get into a car..that is as secure as I can get an average alarm.
    if;without what I described as to the relay,and the car it applies to(many 100's of models),and the system that has all the functions hooked up,without the relay,the car is disarmed from the time you accidentally push disarm,till whenever..(secure?? it's not,it's unlocked/disarmed!!..just give the stuff in the car away!)
    I realize that was lengthy,but I didn't want any misunderstandings..I am trying to help some people that may,or may not care,or have run into problems that want a solution..I did alarms for a couple years giving the customer a CHOICE,I dont like a choice being what you give up,security or safety?it drove me crazy until i figured out the relay thing..
    maybe next time I'll get into trunks that shut down remote starters!(this is NOT a problem with the Viper,if someone opens your trunk (after you accidentally disarmed the alarm)you can still remote start your car!)
    'Stereo' Mike
    The Audio CARtist,LLC
    9600 Balt. Ave.
    College Park,MD 20740
    301-474-6260

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
    This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic