icon

Problem with DEI 530T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CarAudioPrez 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I installed a DEI 530T on my car - 96 Plymouth Breeze. I integrated it with the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 2way alarm. My car did not come with power windows from the factory. I installed a SPAL window kit a few months back and they worked great. Now I installed the 530T and made all the connections. Now when I try to put the window up or down from the switch it will only move up or down about an inch and then stop. If you hold down the button on teh switch nothing happens. If you let it go and then press it again it will move another inch. If you keep doing this the window will eventually open or close all the way depending on whether you are trying to bring it up or down.

When I use the channel on my remote that I have the 530T module connected to the windows also just move an inch. If I hold the button down for like 2 seconds the windows are supposed to travel all the way down but nothing happens. (I have it connected to channel 5 which is -200Ma connection and its not delayed.) If you let the buttons on the remote go and rpess them again the windows will move another inch. When I arm the alarm the windows are supposed to travel up all the way but instead they just move up an inch. If I keep diarming and then arming the alarm again the window keeps moving up an inch and will eventually close. I checked all the connections and they are ok. Right now its wired for the type A window system. I even tried to wire it for the type B window system but that didnt work.

I changed the dip switch settings on the 530T module to the highest setting but that didnt help. I tried to pull the window up as I armed the car to see if maybe the motor was having to work too hard but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Your alarm is set to a momentary output. You need to change the output from the system to either a timed, or latched output.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
TimothyCox 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

The newer 530T with the dip switches has real problems with many domestic power windows, and your window add-on is no exception, It really thinks the window is up from the amount of current being drawn by the motor.

I had this problem on my new 03 Trailblazer, But not my 02 Grand Prix, fixed it by using an OLD 530T (no dipswitches) and a resistor mod, works like a charm.

You need to try another manufacturer's product, sorry, but I don't have any suggestion who's.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic