icon

Prostart CT-3400TW door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whatda 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have just installed a remote starter in a 2002 GMC Sierra and used the GMDAA to bypass the passlock system which worked great. The problem I have is I attached the arm and lock wires to the lock and arm wire and the disarm and unlock wires to the disarm and unlock wire of the GMDAA bypass module. The starter works great and bypasses the passlock system but the remote will not lock and unlock the doors. Can you tell me why this module will not allow the locks to work. Thank You in Advance

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
<<<<  I attached the arm and lock wires to the lock and arm wire and the disarm and unlock wires to the disarm and unlock wire of the GMDAA bypass module.>>>>>>>
U stated (plural) arm & lock wires?  disarm & unlock wires?
U should only be connecting the Lock & Unlock wires from your RS module to the Purple / White & Orange wires on the GMDAA
When U finish wiring RS & GMDAA, plug units in, make sure everything is plugged in and connect the ORANGE / Black wire of the GMDAA to the OBDII LAST
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
2002 GM fullsize trucks are not ClassII compliant... therefore, the doorlock portion of the GMDAA will do diddly .   Locks are available at the BCM, located underneath the steering column, light blue and white, positive pulse, located in the left connector (the widest one... I can't remember the exact plug color... I think it's the blue connector. I just know where it is). You may also have to do disarm, it is light green, negative pulse, in the far right connector (Brown???).
You will need to use two relays on the unit, as it does not have positive doorlock outputs (unless something has changed recently on the CT-3400).
Pin 30, pin 85 on relays- 12V
Pin 86-lock, unlock on other relay
pin 87- lock or unlock output to BCM.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
whatda 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I follow you on the relays for the locks but what about the factory alarm or does it work with the locks? Thanks again.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

OEM Alarm DisarmL GREEN (-)AT B.C.M. BELOW THE STEERING COLUMN*

* There Are 3 Connectors In The BCM. The Disarm Wire Is Located In The Violet Connector

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
whatda 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Does the arm and disarm require a relay or can they connect from the remote starter directly to the BCM. Thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic