Wiring tv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sickhonda 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2002 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Quote: Originally posted by djfearny2 on September 30, 2002
your better of splicing in to the acc wire cause bad things usually happen when you run little things like that to the battery let the car alternator do the work not the battery

Hello Jon,

I'm no expert so I need your help on my DVD/Monitor setup.  Currently my setup are all connected directly to the battery.  This is my connection, from the battery, a 14 gauge lead power wire to 10 Amp in-line fuse then to an illuminated rocker switch (20 Amp max load).  The rocker switch is grounded to the car chassis with a 14 gauge wire.  Then from the rocker switch accessory line, I connected two 16 gauge wires to power my DVD/CD Player and the 7" Monitor.  The DVD/CD Player (Power=15 watts) is equipped with built-in choke w/10 amp fuse and grounded to the car chassis.  The Monitor(Power=9.5 watts), also with built-in choke but no fuse, independently grounded to the car chassis.  In addition, connected to the DVD/CD Player's remote power line(with built-in in-line fuse of 5 amp) is the X-O Vision AN500 Coaxial Booster Antenna (Power=N/A), which is also grounded independently to the chassis.  I hope you understand all my connections, if not, I'll be happy to email you the schematics.  They all seem to be working fine.  My question is, if connecting to acc is better than directly to your battery, where or which acc wire can I connect all of the above without the overloading problem.  Like you suggested, make the alternator do all the work, not the battery.  If you can provide a better wiring schematics, I appreciate it.  I'll be more than willing to alter my current wiring to something more efficient and energy saver.  Thanking you in advance.

SickHonda 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic