icon

first fibreglass/vinyl project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mob.dynam.grad 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

hey, i finally got the pics to work on tripod.com.  Here is the link to the pictures of my first fibreglass project....it holds a 7.2" headrest monitor in the dash of a 94 honda civic.  It looks pretty good in my opinion for my first project.  Let me know what you think

http://mob.dynam.grad.tripod.com/custom

weeziewe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Damn that looks pretty good. I got a 94 honda civic. How did you go about doing that?
mob.dynam.grad 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
i started by using tinfoil to cover the dash in the area i wanted the fiberglass to follow the shape of.  Then i taped the tinfoil in place.  put a layer or two of fiberglass on the tinfoil and let it harden....then pull it off and i have the exact contour of the dash to work with.  I added a few more layers of fiberglass so it was about a 1/4" thick and trimmed it to the size i wanted.  Then i glued the frame for the screen to the fiberglass back at an anglle that would be good for passenger viewing.  And stretched fleece over it.  Resined the fleece...put a layer of duraglass just for strenth...then sanded...and sanded....and sanded....then added some icing type filler....and sanded....and sanded....and sanded till it was perfectly smooth....then i just wrapped it with black vinyl and pressed the screen in...the cord for the screen i just drilled a hole through the bottom and cut a cross in the vinyl.  Thanks for the compliment. 
rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
not to be an a**hole or anything but did you really pay mobile dynamics 9g's to learn to do that?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
That licence plate is hot!  very sexy, haha
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
mob.dynam.grad 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

rknj01 wrote:
not to be an a**hole or anything but did you really pay mobile dynamics 9g's to learn to do that?

well...actually...li learned alot more while i was there..  and not to be an a**hole or anything...but u actually paid for me to go with your tax dollars.  So thank you and keep paying them taxes.

r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
got told! lol jk   nice job
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
wowa, , howd you get to go there for free??  I wana go too!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
mob.dynam.grad 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
i got laid off of work.  Was on Employment Insurance(EI) used to be called UI. But while on EI one of the benifits are retraining monies.  So i went through the lengthy application process and got approved in the end for the tuition...hotel stay.....and 350$ a week while i'm there.  It was alright. 
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
that's pretty damn cool.  I have been laid off in the past and never thought of using that time and training option to go to school, Mobile Dynamics on top of that!!  This is really valuable info.  I have been wanting to go to Mobile D for a while.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic