AcceleVision Overhaed Monitor Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
typhoon1911 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

A while back I purchased an AcceleVision Monitor and a seperate DVD player.  I hooked it up to test it, and I noticed that the video was tearing at the top.  I called them and they told me that because I was a customer that I had to go to a stereo shop with whom they deal with.  After forking over some $$ (for the stereo shop's time...and some extra $$ for shipping) to "fix" it the stereo shop told me that Accele added a wire to the video input (it seems like it is a resistor, though I didn't check the resistance).  I put it aside because I had no time to install it.  Well this weekend I finally got around to install it.  Thinking it was all good, I cut the headliner and hooked it all up.  When I did my first test, there it was...the tearing at the top of the screen.  This time it wasn't as bad as the first time, but it is still noticable.

Should I try a different resistor?

I can post pictures of the tearing if it would help.

Is Accele this bad?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Alan DeRego

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Well we stopped carrying accele due to quality control problems but I cant remember ever having the problem you described. Just a shot in the dark but where did you ground it.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
typhoon1911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

I used the same gorund as the DVD player which is about 7 feet away from the monitor.  A friend of mine told me that sometimes it could be the flex cable between the LCD and the PCB in the overhead section.  I'll tear it apart this weekend.

Thanks!

Any more ideas? Anyone?

fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well I am with Ravendarat I dont have a clue but definitly shorten the ground wire and maybee try a video signal amplifier I am not sure it will help but it is worth a try.
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
typhoon1911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

I'll give them both a try...

Thanks!

Alan

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I did a little digging and the problem you have is often caused by poor signal strength. I would suggest getting a different source like a house dvd player and plug it in and see ifg the problem continues. If not then the dvd player needs a signal booster or the ground on the dvd player is to high of resistance and needs to be improved.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ren92 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I droped them because of problems like that also. I had the same problem with a few of their screens but the extra video cable with the res. in it did always fixed it.Their  tech department said that some of their dvd player had to strong of a video signal and that with out that cable it overloads the video input.
typhoon1911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

Maybe I should try a bigger resistor.  Do you know how big they usually put in there?  It's going to take me some time to tear it apart.

I wish that AcceleVision would help customers direct.

Thanks for the help...

Alan

typhoon1911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

Well I got it fixed.  I found out that AcceleVision put a 150 ohm resistor in there.  I kept going up in resistance until the picture was good (read not tearing...because the crap LCD module isn't great).  I changed the 150 ohm resistor to a 500 ohm resistor.

Just in case anyone else had the same problem as me, that was the fix...

Thanks for all the suggestions!!

Alan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic