icon

dvc 12s set up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lawrenq 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
I'm kind of new to this so what kind of amp do yall think that I should put on a pair of 12s. The 12s or some dvc mb quart, but I don't what model number there are. The speakers can handle 350 watts rms. Thanks in advance if u could help me out.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
there are over a million amps you can use to power subs that handle 350 rms. do you have a certain price range u want to stay in, or a brand preference u want to stick with so we can narrow the list down a little?
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
lawrenq 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Really I want the smallest and cheapest amp that could do that.
lawrenq 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Really I want the smallest and cheapest amp that could do that.
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

If you are not trying to spend alot their is an SPL amp that impressed the hell outta me it is the Z2X-1200 it is 300x2 RMS for about $165  if interested post back and I can get you one also check their site www.splusa.net I know some people will shoot this down but it impressed me and I swear by JL

Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Have to know this:  will the two subs wire up together for a final impedance of 2 ohms?  That is...what is the voice coil ratings on those subs?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
lawrenq 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
The speakers are 4ohms.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

DVC 4 ohm, then?  If that is the case, and you have a pair, then they can be wired for a 4 ohm load.  Any class A/B amp will do that.  But your least expensive route is a class D mono amp.

dvc 12s set up - Last Post -- posted image.

An amp capable of a 1 ohm load is a high current amp, and pretty expensive.  Your subs will otherwise wire down to 4 ohm.  The lowest cost in running subs is to have them able to wire down to 2 ohms, because you'll not need such a high power amp.  You'll need an amp capable of 500 to 700 watts @ 4 ohms.  It will not be cheap.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
lawrenq 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I think I'll go for the class d amp, so how much watts should rhe class d amp be.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic