icon

Cadillac XLR Remote Starter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well... yes and no. The way to do this would be to remove the battery from the unit. It's probably a CR2032 or a variant. Now... use a relay to interrupt the battery circuit in the remote. Close the remotes battery circuit using a status output, ground when running, or whatever turns on during the required button presses on the remote. It will effectively shut the fob off when it is not needed, wouldn't it? Be a thought on how to keep the factory security integral.
Anyone else see a problem with this scheme??
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
the1alchemist 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
I think FACTORY security is out of the Q,but if you put a rs alarm in it,just use it to lock the doors,and if the alarm is set off,the fob should lose the batt..(by way of the same relay,maybe another to shut it off..again,havent thought it out..but i would think if fob is inactive,engine shuts down,doors lock..(again...gotta play w/it a little,but try some stuff..take some notes,and think it through..or post it and let us help think..)
get in car,with good fob..
take out batt..(doors lock? rap off,on?etc..)
put batt in..(door unlock? rap on,off? )
what kinda wires are hooked up to the push-button?
re-create those,w/resistors,relays,etc..do some measuring,not pushed,pushed,both ways(diodes?) or can it be disassembled?(only if it isn't easy to figure out..a last resort..we know how springs act when let free! along with detent balls,levers,contacts,etc...)
just be methodical,careful,etc..
don't hurt the poor car too bad,it's not the cars fault!
haha..
anyway...I would also talk to trilogix..see what they have,but dont expect an answer,just help with what you may,or may not need..i dont think any one place will give you ALL the answer(s)..it is our job to put a few of them together..and hopefully get what we(the customer) wants..
keep us posted..(did I have to say that?)
'Stereo' Mike
The Audio CARtist,LLC
9600 Balt. Ave.
College Park,MD 20740
301-474-6260
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic