icon

Viper 791xv warn/alarm paging question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fastreddsm 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

I was reading the user manual on the Viper 791xv and noticed something interesting. It states in the manual that:

"note: If the transmitter is paged with an Alarm Page and the WarnAway® is triggered before the Alarm Page is relieved the transmitter will report the WarnAway® only until the system is disarmed."

So basically say a crook is getting ready to gain entry into the vehicle and the proximity sensor senses movement and the alarm sends a "warn" page to the remote that unless I clear the page before the window is smashed and the door is opened I would never know the alarm was in "full alarm" unless I could audibly hear the siren sounding or visually verified the vehicle after every "warn" page.

To back this up I tested my theory. I walked up to my truck, and moved within the outside zone of the proximity sensor and set off the "warn away" chirps. The 2 way remote beeped and I didnt acknowledge the page. Next after the "warn away chirps" I smacked the windsheild and set off the alarm. The 2 way remote never received a page within the 10 seconds I let the alarm sound off as I had to cut it short because I am at work currently.

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
I would ask you to do the very same thing, but open the door with the key there after.
Tell me what you recieve on the remote.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Fastreddsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
I will check that out as soon as it quits raining an inch an hour.
Fastreddsm 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks teken!

I tried as you said and the remote alerted the door was open and that the alarm was in full "alarm" mode. I guess after zone 2 (impact sensor 1, proximity sensor 2) are triggered either by warn away or full alarm they arent transmitted again until acknowledged by the user but the other zones will be alerted. That makes me feel much better since the door trigger and ignition are instant triggered zones.

I like knowing that if my vehicle is entered I will be alerted instead of having to checking it everytime the rain triggers warn away on the proximity sensor or a loud exhaust triggers the warn away on the impact sensor.

tnelsonx2x 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
Fastreddsm.. I have a small underdash switch for my 1st stage motion sensor (green wire) ..so I can disable outside shield when it's raining or when i'm forced to park in a crowed area. When it rained ..my pager use to off allllll night. Now that I tinted my windows all in 2percent (winshield included @ 5 %) I don't have too many outside field false alarms.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic