icon

Opinions of the Viper 771XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Treimee 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

I currently have a 2001 Mitshubishi Galant (which is my wife's car) and I am looking to put an alarm it.  I have been looking at the Viper 771XV.  I was just wondering if anyone had worked with these in the past or had any experience with them and how they would work with my Galant?

Thanks!

Trent

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

i prefer the LCD units for security as opposed to the LED ones, this way i can see what is actually going on with my vehicle ( doors open, trunk open, etc ) as opposed to just seeing a red LED telling me my alarm is going off.......

you'll be happy with it....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
its pretty much the same thing as a 791xv (3.5x), except for the antenna and remote. i found it hard to stop the alarm and disarm the system during a full trigger. if takes about 10 seconds until the remote gets the signal to the brain. you can try pressing it 15 times or so, of 2 firm presses and it just keeps whaling. you almost have to wait a bit until you can disarm it. i didnt get a chance to test range but youre supposed to get 1000ft.
our DEI rep said the LCD will always be far superior to the LED system. but if you want a solid performing 2-way system about $100 (retail) less than most other 2-ways, the 771 will be the best.
MECP certified installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic