icon

My 04 Dakota 791XV and Accessories Done

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

I have finished the alarm and accessories install in my 2004 Dodge Dakota.  This is what I have installed:

Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/keyless entry

DEI 516U Univeral Voice Module

DEI 530T Window Module for the front windows

DEI (Seaguard) 820M Controller (commands via phone and internet)

All seems to work as expected.  Wow I love this stuff.

Jason

tnelsonx2x 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
Nice..!!! where did you get that Seaguard?
I installed the viper 791xv as well,
2 DEI 2 stage shock sensors,
1 2 stage motion sensor
1 tilt sensor
6 DEI sirens ( 2 under hood, 1 next to spare tire, 1 under my truck on the chassis, pain generator under my dash, pain generator behind driver side headrest.) Each has 6 tone and soft chirp disabled,,and have there own solid tone
Also installed pin switch on tailgate/back window.
-Installed Steadfast's steering column guard.
I started to get the voice module you have but I thought "you are too close the vehicle" was a little cheasy but it's still nice i'm sure... I am also getting the viper gps system in 2 weeks.. I would like to install it myself..but all the shops say they can't sell it to me and not install..i'm sure it's ways around that
jmr964 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

I got the 820M as a replacement for an older 820T which was supported in my area.  It only cost me $35 but of course I have to pay for the service.  You should be able to install the VIper 1020GPS yourself.  It is considered a carcom II system when going through Seaguard for service.  I would rather have one of those but haven't found one in my price range. 

I am looking at adding a second 530T for the back windows.  I really like the one touch feature for the windows when using the driver controls (doesn't work on the individual door controls).   As for the voice module I don't have the field sensor but my warn away message says "Stand Back, Protected by Viper".

Jason

tnelsonx2x 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
coolness.. I plan on the viper gps behind my next security add-on..do you have any information about the install or usage in a pdf or something..I havn't been able to find anything on dei's site about it..    That voice module sounds nice... I have the field sensor..I can have it say "stand back,,protected by viper" Of course..the sound of 6 sirens chirping (with soft chirp disabled), my fog lights,,and underbody lights flashing will get more attention:)
I have another question not related to the initial post.... Is there a way ..I can only have one siren chirp (respond) when arming/disarming my alarm or when the outside field is distrubed.. Basically i'm saying I only want my other sirens to go off if the alarm is triggered. Can I get a timed relay or something that will send 12v only went a 12v signal is detected for x number of seconds?
jmr964 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the link for the Viper 1020GPS (it is also sold under the Clifford, Python, Automate as well as others I am sure).

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N200_4-03.pdf

Jason

tnelsonx2x 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
sweeeeet...thanks!!!..i'll check out directechs.com ...I noticed directed pulled their install guides from their site around the time I was installing my alarm:(
tnelsonx2x 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
from scanning this pdf...the viper gps install is a walk in the park compared to the viper 791xv install..brain looks a little huge..where do you have yours located?
jmr964 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

I dont have the 1020GPS but i think the maximum dimension on it is 6.? some inches.  I would hide it somewhere where no one will get to it if the vehicle is stolen.  I have a few ideas in mind which would entail taking most of the dash apart.

Jason

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic