icon

Revenger® Six-Tone Soft Chirp Siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jweb 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed this as part of my system and I hate 6 tone sirens. I was told that this siren could be programmed but I can't find the instructions.  Is this true and can someone tell me where to look?  Thanks.  JW
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
In the top of the siren there is a rubber plug. Within the housing are 6 dip pins which you will be able to remove one by one.
Removing all the dip pins, will make the siren default to one tone.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
as far as programming, you can change the siren output from constant to pulsed. doing that and cutting some or the wire traces in the siren will give you a really unique sound (that is, if you have a DEI brain).
MECP certified installer
Jweb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
I just bought the Valet 563T so I hope it's current.  The siren has 2 looped wires running out of it.  I'll need to look again to see if it has a plug but I don't remember seeing one.  Are these wires what you are referring to as wire traces?  Could you be more specific as to what to do with them in addition to changing it to pulsed?   Thanks 
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
In the top of the siren there is a rubber plug. Within the housing are 6 dip pins which you will be able to remove one by one.
Removing all the dip pins, will make the siren default to one tone.
as far as programming, you can change the siren output from constant to pulsed. doing that and cutting some or the wire traces in the siren will give you a really unique sound (that is, if you have a DEI brain).
what the hell else do you need to know? did anyone mention cutting and outside looped wire? no. OPEN THE SIREN. read the programming menu for information about programming options. read first, process the information, dont post with the same question 2 people just answered.
MECP certified installer
Jweb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I pissed you off...just trying to make sense of this from what I can remember.  I'll try your method when the vehicle gets home. Without it being here, I'm trying to do all this from memory. Thanks again.
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
doing that and cutting some or the wire traces in the siren will give you a really unique sound (that is, if you have a DEI brain).
Jweb, how can i clear that up? its all in the owners manual anyway, but those usually get thrown away.
MECP certified installer
Jweb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

I have looked in the "Owner's Guide" and all it says in part....any of these tones can be eliminated by a dealer, resulting in a unique....

And I am referring to only one siren, the Revenger® Six-Tone Soft Chirp Siren. 

All I want to do is get rid of the silly 6 tone setup and hopefully change it to something I like because I read somewhere it could be done. I guess DEI wants me to go to a dealer since they don't publish the directions, at least that I can find.  This is the whole reason I posted here.    I'm sorry I'm not making myself clear so disregard  my posts and I will look elsewhere or just replace the siren.  Thanks again and sorry for any confusion.  Joe

03yellowsx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

If you have the 514N soft- Chirp siren that has a black loop & a BLACK/ white loop

Cut the black loop to delete soft chirp, cut the loop as close to the siren as possible

cut the BLACK/ white loop to delete tones 2 through 6 ( for European Market)

Jweb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
Great...  Thank you very much.   Joe

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic