icon

2005 Caddy Factroy DVD/NAV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Veeslim 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
'05 Caddy CTS and STS have a dvd nav system that plays in park. When put in into reverse or drive dvd stops anyone know how to override?
the1alchemist 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
i have been asking the same question on another forum.. i just modify the unit so it can display any video source..
specially if you have an overhead monitor,a reverse cam is nice,and the same input is good for any video source.. playstation,or another dvd player..i have been thinking of finding someone that knows databus language,i was thinking of making a buffer on the databus line,and giving it what it needs to think it is in park..i am quite sure it is done through data,this would negate the auto volume based on speed..in park/no speed! but when i thought out the hardware/software,i figure it would be cheaper to just do the conversion of the head,i know,i know,i would rather use the one built in as well,as a matter of fact,i do have another idea,just use the drive in the unit,use a controller/ d-a converter from another dvd player,this would still need the video conversion to port in external video,then the leftover dvd mechanism could be used as the nav drive(just hide that one,with nav dvd in it all the time,and use the one in the unit for video!!) ..hmmm.. gotta re-think some stuff..can anybody send me a schematic of one of these units? that is soo much easier than the tracing down of stuff i had to do for the video conversion!(actually the gms are pretty easy(dunno bout 05 yet,haven't seen one,but have done a few 03/04's)the chrysler hemi/station wagon took some work though!)rest assured i will get back to you guys when i get the right info! i would appreciate the same if someone comes up with something! unfortunately it may be on the wrong side of the law,but oh well..
'Stereo' Mike
The Audio CARtist,LLC
9600 Balt. Ave.
College Park,MD 20740
301-474-6260
Veeslim 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

The people who drive these cars don't care about really watching the dam screen, they just what it done because the screen is there.  I need to do it so I can get into a higher tax bracket so I can enjoy so of the tax break they enjoy.2005 Caddy Factroy DVD/NAV -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic