icon

Install on 00 pontiac grand am?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jt321 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

Me and my friend are going to install an amp and subs into his 2000 pontiac grand am this week. We bought the amp kit at walmart and also the line out adapter because he is going to use his stock radio for now. Does anyone have any tips on how to work on these things? Ive installed my system in my truck which is a 03 gmc sierra, but i have no clue how to work on the pontiac.  If anyone have installed a system into this car, can  you please chime in on how to install the amp and subs?

Thanks, John

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

" please chime in on how to install the amp and subs?"

You install with planning and care, of course.

Audiobahn1500 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

what do you need to know how to install on it.  I have 99 grand am so i might beable to help i just need some info

Jt321 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
Im just adding an amp to the factory radio. Since it doesnt have rca outs, im planning on using  LOC and splicing into the rear speakers, and then finding a ignition wire for the remote turn on. This is the hard part, the rest should be cake. Should this be all i would have to do? If im missing something, please let me know. 
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it should be all you have to do.  I've got a system in my grand prix and it's not too hard.  I've got a switch running from an accessory (cd changer i think) that i don't have and that switch runs to my amp.  The accesory is always on that's why I dropped in the switch.  It's in a concealed area so you can't see it.  Do you have the speakers on the rear deck?  If so then yes just put a splice into them and hook that up to the speaker level input (or in you're case hook it up to the LOC then that to the amp, check to make sure the amp doesn't have a speaker-level input though).  Becareful with the splicing though Pontiac didn't leave very much wire to work with so make sure the first splice is a good one.
clank 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
the loc should have three sets of wires white, gray, and brown.  Brown are usually not used. Sew into the outputs behind the deck for the rear speakers.  adjust the gain in the loc to just about all the way down.  The actual amp install is cake. should be groment or an easy drill.
00silverga 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

i've got an 00 grand am

heres some bits of advice from my install.  you need to get a new batttery termanial (curcuit city ~$5) because the amp wire won't fit on the existing side terminal.  theres a gromet behind the pedals, just take the plastic panels out from above the pedals.  you can slide the wire under the back seat to get to the trunk, the back seat also comes out and the backs of the back seat fold down....makes it very easy.  i would think that taping the amp turn on into the rear speaker would work. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic