96 Nissan Altima remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
briandors 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Accessory isolated.

I think/hope the only problem left is the SECURITY light/system.  Even as the r.s. powers up the dash, the security light is still on.  Normally as soon as the key hits accessory it's off.

I looked at the wiring diagram for (-) disarm in the installation manual.  It says:

85 to r.s. brain disarm output

87 to ground

87a doesn't look connected?

30 to car disarm wire (GREEN/ YELLOW, but i'm not sure which one and how do i test this with a meter?)

86 to +12V

So the questions are, does 87a go anywhere? and where is the correct GREEN/ YELLOW?

I can tell I'm so close, thanks for everyone's help.  Need to wrap this up tomorrow. :)

Brian

shortcircuit 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

Brian, did you get everything working now? I'm planning on installing remote start add-on Crimestopper RS-901 on '98 Altima GLE. I have factory alarm too. I do have factory service manual on the electrical for a '95 Altima. Email me at fsgunawan@yahoo.com, I can send it to you. It's rather big (4.6 Meg). I did a bit of a check, it does mention WHITE/ Blue for accessory.

shortcircuit

briandors 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

WHITE/ Blue is definitely correct.

It is starting now.  But starter grinds when you stick the key in and turn to ignition on (no i'm not turning to Start).  I have been told this means I need to isolate the starter wire.  DEI's tech notes say isolate accessory.  That's where I'm at.  Do I isolate both?  Just starter?  I did accessory only and that didn't help, I did main start also, still grinds.  Now one guy says all I should need to isolate is cold start.

It seems nobody knows the 96 Altima well enough. :(  I will email you.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic