icon

noise in a video signal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
huntersdad 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
i installed a 10.8 inch farenhiet tv a game plate and a movies to go dvd player with an audiovox rf modulator. the audio signal is clean and good, but the second you plug the video signal into the dvd player i get my barber shop clippers noise. its not alternator wine because it does not speed up with the rpm.  I tried to put an sni 1 ground loop eliminator in and it takes out the nois and the video siignal(no picture even when ground the 2 brown wires ).any help would be greatly appreciated
u ever flew on the ground?
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Are you using 75 ohm video cable?  Also make sure your monitor has a good clean ground.. 
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
fatgotti 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry,  I should have said even if you think it has a good ground still just move it and check the results.. it happens to me all the time it just takes a little time and finesse...    let me know!!!
Jay T 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

double check ground like fatgotti said, shielded cable may help for audio and video.  Also try eliminating the game plate and plug in directly and see if that helps.

huntersdad 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

changed the ground, ran a 10 gauge from battery, and tried to run to another solid part of the vehicle and shaved off the paint. eleiminated the gamplate, ran an independent new video rca,  and changed the dvd player with one in stock just to see still have noise.  This one got me i really don't know what elese to do but change the monitor and the cable from the monitor.

u ever flew on the ground?
fatgotti 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
This one has got me stumped but it just might be the monitor when everything else fails blame it on the equipment...  if you exchange the monitor let me no if it goes away....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic