icon

4 jl 10w0

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drsnoze 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

I currently have 2 JL 10W0s and i am looking to beef my system up alittle. I was originally going to add 2 12WOs but someone  suggested add 2 more 10W0. What do you guys think about that?

Also i was looking into buying the Zapco Reference 500 amp to power all 4 subs. Do you think that is a wise decision.

I currently have a Zapco Reference 360 powering the door speakers and the 2 10s.

Suggestion are very much appriciated

fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
with the 12" s  you will hit a little lower  and louder in my experience if you and 2 more 10's it will just get louder. I suggest the two 12's it will get you a lower and will fill out your sound better I like JL amps but you already have Zapco and I know you are not disappointed  so stick with um.....
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

You could take the 12's but run totally off  a seperate amp. Having a 2 amps, One would be with your 10's and the other off of your 12's. Its possible for you to run them all off of one amp, But i would have to suggest get the 10's if you plan on running all 4 of them on to that mono amp.  I dont know much about the Zapco Refernece 360. So it will also depend on the capability of your amp.  But if you decide not to run 2 amps, then go ahead and get the 10's that way you may bridge then in off of a single load rather than running to amps. JL audio is a good choice. How much you plan on getting to JL 10w0's?   I was about to buy a pair of 10's used for approx $100. What do you think?

drsnoze 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

i was able to get 10s for 89.99 and 12 for 99.99 from www.acaraudio.com

so what you are saying if im going to do the 12s i should run a different amp for them. And leave the 10s on the 4 channel?

my thing is i hate those systems that are all bass no music. If all didnt want to hear what the people were saying i would have disconnected the door speaker or just constantly listen to bass test cds. Now dont get me wrong i like my bass, alot but i dont want to over power the door speakers. Should i get anoother amp to run the 10s separately?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

Use the 10's, not the 12's if you are going to use the same amp. There is little benefit to going to 12's in this case. If you are going to use the 12's, a separate amp to drive them and a crossover to limit the range of frequencies played by the 10's would be in your best interest. This of course = more $ than you may want to spend. Keep it to the 10's. If you are overwhelmed with bass response (expect to be), look into an amp (or bigger amp) for the front speakers and upgrade them.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Definitely, If you are not into that too much bass, run that crossover for your mids and highs to take off that extra bass. Like as stated it would have to put out $$$. but from what equipment you have your hands on. Run the all 4 of the JL's 10w0's.   If coming up with the money is going to be a conflict. Then get the 10's.  and run all 4 off of the amp that you already have. And also if i may add, if you do look into getting a bigger amp for the front speakers, You will definitely need a cross over due to the fact that the there will be a great bass response. Unless the amp has the HPF option.
drsnoze 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

I never said i didnt like bass, i enjoy bass but as long as the mids and high are not over powered

Idk if this helps but my setup is

4 Infinity Reference Component Speakers

2, 10 W0

Zapco 360 4 channel amp

i have the first two channels for the mids and high and the 3rd and 4th channel are bridged for the 2 10s

so your guys best opinion would be purchase 2 more 10W0 and get the zapco 500 mono amp for all 4 subs

Thanks guys your a great help, i wish i started posting hear sooner.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
hmmmm 10's plus 12's plus 2 amps plus unknown boxes?   i feel crossphase coming on and having less bass then started with
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic