the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Impala easiest wire locations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
a)Does anyone know any tricks or easy wire locations on this car for remote start and keyless entry.
b)As far as isolating the park light wire from the BCM and relays for the door locks, I believe both can be accomplished with diodes but I'd like to hear from someone else.
csorb 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention this would be an 02
Thanks
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Tip A: Don't go anywhere near the BCM for any wires in this car.
Tip B: Use the blue wire (-) @ the headlight switch for your park lights. No need to cut, add a diode, relay, etc. Just hit it with a negative. Access the headlight switch from the left side of the dash remove the end panel.
Tip C: Get your lock/unlock single wire & factory alarm disarm wire either in the drivers door jamb boot, or to the left of the dash. Much easier to access than the BCM.
Tip D: I wouldn't waste my time trying to get the door locks to work without relays. In most cases it CAN be done only with resistors and diodes, but the problem is the diode changes the end resistance/voltage so you need to select a different resistor than stated, to make up for the diode. So basically take a couple minutes to throw the relays in so you know it's gonna work..
Good luck don't make this car harder than it has to be!
Mike
csorb 
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot.
If I remeber correctly on some of these cars you have to cut out the area beneath the right side of the knee panel to get to the ignition wires.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
NEVER.............
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
Second the never. You should be able to unplug the two connectors on the ign. switch from underneath with a small pick tool. You can also access the keyswitch from the radio opening... sort of.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
csorb 
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
curious what most guys would take $ wise, to do this car - considering I would use a 555L
clank 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
the bcm box releases  and makes for easy pickings for your wires. the box is a little tricky getting it back up, just watch wich way it comes down. I try to avois getting wires in the door boot. I have found that intermitent problems.
shocker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic