icon

I need info on installing 3 amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hell yeah!! Thats the kind of bass I like! 2 CVR 15" with 1000W of power should not dissapoint.
dubb 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
i have 3 crunch amps. i came across a topic yesterday asking about the quality of the Crunch amps. The amps are a steal at the price they sell for. I have purchased 2- 1000 watt amps and one 400 watt amp for less then $250. To tell the truth i was lookin into buying a $700 kicker amp. Needed to save a lil more but i already had the 400 watt crunch amp so i decided to install it while until i could purchase the kicker. I was so amazed at the 400 watt amp i seen the 1000 watt on sale and i tried it out. The crunch amp handles the 15's well. The only thing i really dont like about the amp is that it doesnt come with the in car bass volume controll, but the Alpine deck has that built in and once before it overheated. More so due to my positioning of the amp.
2005 Ford 500 SEL. 3 Kicker CVR 15"s. 2000 watt Quantum Audio AMP.
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Well as long as your satisfied with the Crunch Amps thats all that matters. I personaly would have held out for the Kicker amp. I have the newer 1,200 watt 1200d Kicker amp and have not been disapointed. I know theres better amps but for the money , I am impressed. As far as your Crunch overheating , be sure its in a well ventilated area and use at least 4 ga. ground as close to the amp as possible.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
dubb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Rushman i gotta question about the RCA jacks. the amps have the RCA input and output..i heard the output is used to connect one amp to another. so how would i wire all three amps with the RCA jacks. should i take my pair of jacks, by an upgrade that splits the one pair into three pairs and connect them to each of the amps RCA inputs or what? or do i connect my one pair to one amps input, one another pair from that amps outputs to the other amps inputs, and the same with the next amp..i hope im not confusing you mannnn.
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
No your not confusing me I got ya clear. Yes it is possible to use the RCA output on the amp to connect to another but I wouldnt suggest it. Your using the 1000w amps for bass and usually the full frequency is passed thru into the outputs. Not good if your only amplifying Bass freqeuncies. However if you have a crossover or can get one then you could use the output on one Crunch Bass amp to the input of the other for the Subs only. Or another way I believe the Alpine head unit has a set of RCA sub output that you could also run to one Bass amp to another. The 400w amp you need to keep totally seperate for the highs only. Only make the jump from one amp to another if your RCAs feeding them are sub level only. (im refering to the two 1000w Crunch amps feeding the two 15s) Otherwise you'll be putting highs and mids into your subs and thats not cool. The only other way is to do like you mentioned and get the Y splitter for RCAs on subs and take one to each of the sub amps. left and right . Meaning you will need two Ys , one for each I mean. Now am I confusing you?......ha ha.  Get back if you need more help.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
dubb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
so i buy two Y slitters one pair goin to the input of one 1000 watt amp and the other pair goin into the input of the other 1000 watt amp....now when i run my 6X9's off the 400 watt amp do i need rca jacks for that amp.u said keep it seperate do i need to run some totally different RCA's from the back of the head unit...i hope u dont say yess to the question i jus asked..lol..i dont like installin and uninstallin head units..hard work..
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
well..........Im sorry to tell you yes your gonna have to pull the head unit one more time , unless like I say you have a crossover but if not , go ahead and run the 2 extra cables. One set for the front and one set for the rear and then just hook them up the same to the amp. If I didnt say already , try to remember to run all your power wires down one side of the car and your RCAs down the other. Try to keep them as far apart as much as possible. This will help keep out altenator wine and other unwanted noises. So you should have a total of three (3) RCAs coming off the radio to the amps. One for subs which will get split , Second set for the front and third set for the rears. Are we cool so far?
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok , I just remember the 400w is only a 2 channel amp. You will only need to run one extra set of cables to that amp unless you just want to run the third set anyway for future expansion. Sorry for the mix up.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
dubb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
check out dis blue print diagram..whats yur email so i can send it from my yahoo email......
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Rushman69@aol.com  ........$4.95 a minute.......just kidding
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
Page of 3