icon

'88 Crown Vic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a real nice 1988 Crown Vic (only 69,000 miles!), and as soon as the damn weather clears up (its like half raining, half snowing now) im going to put my system in it. Anyone have any experiance with these cars. How easy is it to install a system? Any good spots to run wires? Good place to run the power wire (4ga.) through the firewall? What am i going to need to install my HU and 6x9s? The reason im asking is becasue the interior on this thing is really nice (unlike my last 2 cars) and I dont want to mess anything up. Alos, does anyone know the alt. size? It has A/C.
Thanks in advance guys.
pudamobile 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
well, if your 'vic has the premium sound package you might have a minor problem with your HU, we had to re-wire every wire for the stereo because of that stupid thing and the local audio place said that they would figure it out but they charge at least 40 bucks an hour plus parts and they're slow...other than that you should be ok.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Im not sure if it has premium sound. It has the radio and tape player, and the stock speakers in the back and in the dash, none in the doors.  I didnt notice any premum sound labels, but when i get home today im going to look the car over real good and start pulling out the stock stuff.
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

Heres a link to a wiring diagram that may help.  6x9's shouldn't be a problem, and you'll need a dash kit of some sort for the deck, but all in all should go over without a hitch.  And if it has the 5.8 liter, it is more than likely a 100 amp alt.

If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic