the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Matrix RS 3.5 and SES Light on!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
2nd and 3rd ignitions (if you have that many) and atleast the first accy need to connected for remote start. they often power-up different computers. you may not be powering everything up so the light is being triggered.
MECP certified installer
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yea it was fine for like 3 days, but the Service engine light was trippin' me out so I wasnt drivin' it. Last time I drove it I went got gas and tighten my gas cap and it was aright. Today after lunch it wouldnt shift. I think the 2nd ignition wire is the cause of the light and not shifting into 3rd gear. Once I get the 2nd white wire hooked up for my 01' Silverado 5.3L will my tranny shift correctly? I heard the 2nd ignition controls some BCM functions. Thanx for all the help!
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Do not remote start it til you get the wiring fixed. it will possibly cause transmission damage.
Tacomacrew
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Scott35 wrote:
Do not remote start it til you get the wiring fixed. it will possibly cause transmission damage.
  Im not, Im not even gunna drive it. Im just gunna let it sit n the garage til its fixed. My tranny is shifting, but wont go into 3rd, I only drove 1 mile and took it easy. Are there chances that my tranny is already screwed? What about the BCM? Like I said it was okay before this, and then all of a sudden did this.........Thanx!
naamanf 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

The second ignition must be hooked up. It powers the transmission control module. Hope you havn't damaged anything.

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

me tooooooo :( 2nd ignition will be wired Saturday :) yaaaaay, hope no damage occured either. Only was not shifting for a mile, and wont be driven til' fixed. Read some similiar posts and said they had the same problem, and once it was wired it was fine.......:)~

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  

Is there only 2 ignitions or 3? Do I need a relay to wire it up to work properly? Wheres the best place to find the tach wire in these trucks? Thanx again!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic