icon

window problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
here is my dilema. I have a 95 accord EX sedan, I was working on the main window module on the driver side, i took it apart and saw that the contacts were kinda burned out on my passenger side, so I added some solder. NOW my window wont go up or down i dont know what i did, i go to my passenger door and i cant roll it down or up there either. I bought a new window control module at the dealership ( i needed it anyways) but the window still doesnt work. All my other windows work except that one. did I mess up the motor? a fuse? relay? I took the passenger door apart and added power manually to roll it back up and it worked so i dont think its the motor but i might be wrong... Any suggestions????
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
You may of soldered the wrong connection, and burned out your motor. Check to see if you hear any relays clicking when you try to roll them up or down.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
i didnt solder any connection, i just added a bit of solder to the contact to get a better connection cause the contact was old and it had a hole i guess i heated it up too much i dont know, but when i put power to the motor directly it works. i bought a new window roll up module it still doesnt work
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
anyone got an idea?
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for trying to help TeamRF I found the problem, the first thing i was suppose to check and didnt were the fuses, it was blown, thanks anyways.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
dont you hate when you spend all that time and it ends up being something dumb like a fuse. On one hand you are thankful that its and easy fix but on the other hand you are kicking your own ass for not checking the basics first. I do it usually once a week.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
yea I wanted to kick my own ass, at least it was an easy fix and nothing complicated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic