icon

Problem with losing bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shesaidshewas18 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes while Im driving my subs will go out. Like nothing is powering them. Then, when I press the lock or unlock buttons... they'll come right back on. I have the rca's, remote wire running along one side of the car, and the power and ground on the other. I drive a 2001 Eclipse, with a Panasonic deck, and a couple of Audiobahn 12's, amp, and cap. Let me know if you need any more info. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
If the sub amp goes off when the subs go out, it sounds like the remote turn-on wire.  And if it happens only when driving, that also indicates a wire issue caused by bumps or movement.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

yeah I agree with stevdart, it is probably a coincidience about the door locks I would check your remote wire and if has a good connection from front to back your could be over powering your altenator... But I highly doubt that..

Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
If you have more then one amp i would check to make sure your not over powering your remote turn on lead.
Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Run  a small inline fuse on your remote wire if there is not already one. This may help help determine if the problem is with the remote wire. 
mross014 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Believe it or not this happened  with my system too. The amp would not power the subs until the lock button was pressed. And it happened whether the car was moving or not, so it was not caused by vibration or bumps. I have since upgraded amps and subs and the problem never returned.
LivnLouder by the paycheck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic