icon

Viper 791 xv and 555c Install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
isus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed my alarm/remote start and now its down to hooking up my bypass module, 555c.  I am an installer, but I have only been doing it professionally for 6 months or so, and I have not had a whole lot of experience with alarm units and my company does not carry DEI products anymore.  I have four questions,

1. What wire do I hook the blue wire of my bypass up to on the alarm?  Is it the WHITE/ blue activation input wire on the main harness, or the blue status output wire on the relay satellite? 

2.  I have a 2000 neon LX and the factory alarm disarms and arms when the doors lock and unlock (there is no arm disarm wire per se), do I need to hook up the arm disarm wire of the alarm module to my door lock wires? 

3.  When I used to close and lock/arm my factory unit the dome light would immediately turn off.  Now when I lock/arm my car with the DEI system the dome light stays on for a minute or so then turns off.  Is there anyway to hook it up so that the light goes out right away?

4.  My factory keyless entery was set up so that if I hit the key fob unlock button once only the drivers door would unlock, if I hit it twice it would unlock all of the doors, is there anyway to set that up with my DEI alarm to do that?  Right now all of the doors unlock at the same time.

Thanks,

--Isus

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

1.  The Blue status output wire

2.  If the factory alarm isn't going off, don't worry about it. 

3.  Connect the BLACK/ white dome light supervision wire to your door trigger

4.  You can program the Viper 791 to function this way.  It's in the users guide..

Do it right the first time
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info.  I figured out the first two questions, but I now have another. 

I am trying to hook up my rear defroster, and I can't get it to come on when it remote starts.  I have 5 wires that are comming off of the defroster switch.

white: 12v acc wire (hot when key in acc pos)

orange: interior lighting

BLACK/ Red: 12v constant

BLACK/ Light Green:  ground

BLACK/ White: to rear defroster.

I have a relay hooked up with the defroster output wire (blue/White) hooked up to 85, BLACK/ Red off of switch hooked up to 30, 12v constant on 86 and BLACK/ White hooked up to 87 normally open.

I thought that I may not be getting power to the acc wire that is hooked up to the switch when the remote start is cranking so I tried jumping off of 87 normally open to the white wire on the switch and it still did not work.

What is wrong with my hookup?

--Thanks

isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
The dome light is still not working right.  I tried hooking up that wire and it still stays on for a minute or so.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
You need to change your door lock resistor values, you are simply locking and unlocking, following the switch, you need the use the key cylinder values which arm and disarm the alarm.
2.7kOhm for arm/lock and 7.5kOhm for diasrm/unlock
And at this point you should be using the arm and disarm outputs of the 791 instead of the lock/unlock
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
?  my door lock work fine.  My factory alarm is not going off at all.  So what is my issue here?  Do I really need to change my resistor values?  My big problem that I am concernd with is the dome light and my defroster switch.
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Are you saying that I need to make sure that the car is arming and then the light will go out?  Also when my factory alarm arms itself the horn beeps.  Is there anyway to make sure the horn does not beep and only the DEI siren goes off when it arms?
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I just looked at what I have and I have 150 ohms on the unlock side and 2.7k ohms on the lock/arm side.  When I initially hooked up 7.5k ohms on the unlock side it did not work.
isus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

I got some new resistors and I plan on trying to hook it up in a few hours as 7.5 k and 2.7 k and I will see what happens.  Aside from that I am also having an issue finding my trunk pin wire.  It says it is supposed to be in the kick panel but I did not see it.  I will look again later.  Also I noticed that when I remote start my car the parking lights consistanty flash on and off slowly and don't stop until I put the key in or turn it off.  Is that what it is supposed to do?  And when I close the door and the car is unarmed the alarm led flashes 3 times and stays off for a second or two then flashes 3 times and keeps doing that.  Is it supposed to do that as well?

Thanks 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic