Viper 591XV questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tkur 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Newbie here.  My info:  2001 Yukon Denali XL.  I recently had a remote start installed, a Crimestopper 900.  While it starts the truck well, it lacks some things that I thought were standard:

1.  Auto Headlamp override - I don't want my auto headlights to come on after dark, only the parking lights. 

2.  When I unlock my doors with the new remote (after dark) my puddle lights and headlights don't come on.
3.  No defroster option.
4.  Cheap remote.

So how does the Viper 591XV do in regards to these things?  I've been to the Viper website but can't seem to find the information I/m looking for.

Thanks!

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
1. Can you bypass the autolamp feature at night from the vehicle? if not to do it through the 591 is going to be extremely complicated.
2. do the puddle lights come on with parklight or when you unlock via factory remote? Again, these might be features built into the BCM that may be difficult to integrate.
3. Dedicated defrost output.
4. Remotes are remotes .
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Are you setting the parking brake? The headlights don't normally (hey I could be wrong) come on when the brake is set. If you don't set it then yeah they come during r/s.
Now you want the headlights to come on when you unlock? This would be a function of how you wired the system (almost no matter which one you installed), not the performance of the system.
The "puddle lights" would require a relay activated when the domelight supervision (from the alarm) is turned on (use the relay to isolate). You could use another relay wired the same way to either send power to the headlights (meaning they would come on in the daylight too, OR have the relay "open" or ground the wire going to the parking brake switch (depending on what is needed to mimic the brake in the up/dwn position). The trouble with the last is you'd have to be remote started for the headlight to turn on and the "BRAKE" dashlight would not be on if the e brake was st until the alarm released the dome light output.
jkyliej 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

I have a viper 791xv and it does have many auxilary outputs that as the others mentioned above can be used for what ever the user wants.  Have you asked the installer to help you with the features you want from the unit already installed? 

I can relate to the cheap remote look.  The compustar has a very nice remote and pager combo if you buy the 2WSS series.  I bought one of these about two weeks ago and I love it! Very nice quality throughout every component.

jkj
tkur 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the replys.  I guess this stuff is more complicated than I thought.  Here is some further info:

extreme1 wrote:
1. Can you bypass the autolamp feature at night from the vehicle? if not to do it through the 591 is going to be extremely complicated.
2. do the puddle lights come on with parklight or when you unlock via factory remote? Again, these might be features built into the BCM that may be difficult to integrate.
3. Dedicated defrost output.
4. Remotes are remotes .

1.  I can use the control center to turn off the autolamp feature, but that disables it always.  Currently I am setting the parking brake that will override the autolamp feature until you release the parking brake, then the headlights will come on.  Good for a workaround I guess.

2.  I didn't have a chance to check this, but I will.
[quote]Now you want the headlights to come on when you unlock?[/quote]
This is how the OEM system works.  I'll have to check to see if all this still works with the OEM keyfob.

Thanks again,

Tom

tkur 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  

Update:

I tested with the OEM keyfob last night.  The OEM almost acts as it did from the factory.  At night, hit unlock and the puddle lights and the headlights come on normally.  The only wierd thing is I get a strange horn beeping like bebebebeep.  The horn never beeped when unlocking before only when hitting the lock button twice.

Tom

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic