icon

Frequency Generator 2.6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thuan 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  
I just downloaded this program but I'm unsure on how to use it...can someone guide me through?
Thuan
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

I used that program during the trial period (it's free for 14 days...then it's no pay-no play) and made a bunch of recorded .wav files.  I found all the info I needed in the Help file.  I can't open it up now, but a couple things I remember: 

Frequency has to be typed in...not the scroll type selection box.  I made recordings using the sine wave, but I wonder if it had a "warble"....which is easier on the speakers to play.  You click "Start recording" from the pull-down menu...then pull down "Stop recording" to end the recording.  Files will be stored on your computer's hard drive.  Setting should be at 0 db...I didn't notice that when I made mine, so I don't know where it was at, just assumed it was at 0 db.  But someone else later came on the forum and said he couldn't get the tone off of -7 db.  Don't know about that one...

For playing a tone to set gains, make a tone for the sub amp at about 50 Hz...and record it long enougfh that you can read the meter and make adjustments to the gain control before the track ends.  I think a minute or two long for that.  And one for the mids/highs amp at about 1000 or 2000 Hz same length.  Other tones can be recorded 5 to 10 seconds long, for setting crossovers.  Record tones starting low, pick your sub Fs to start...critical tones will be from there all the way up to 100 Hz, then you can take potshots at higher freqs (make them short because they'll hurt your ears).

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic