icon

2001 alero Bulldog problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I just finished installing a bulldog system(I know its not the best but I have had success with other bulldogs) in a friends2001 oldsmobile alero. I have the wiring all done everything seemed to work ok. The problem is it will remote start immediately after I shut the car off with the key but if I lock the doors and wait until the interior light goes out and then try to remote start it cranks but will not start. The security light then comes on the dash and flashes. I have the passlock 2 system working. Anyone have any ideas? Is there some kind of factory alarm I need to shut down during the remote start? Thanks.
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
YEP:
OEM Alarm ArmL BLUE (-)AT BCM UNDER PASSENGER DASH
OEM Alarm DisarmGREEN/ BLACK (-)AT BCM UNDER PASSENGER DASH
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
There is more than 1 GREEN/ black wire is it light green because that is all I see but there is a few lightGREEN/ black at the BCM. Can you be more specific there are three plugs at BCM which one is it thanks.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Meter GREEN/ Black and turn Key in Door to UNLock.  It will show ground when turned to UNLock.  Or if U have Factory Remote press UNLock
MO
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks for the info mo12v. I will check this out in the morning. I have another question- do all the alero's have an alarm because I searched the owners manual and the only info I can find is about the anti-theft radio.
mo12v 
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

NO.........I am assuming by your problem that it may.  Depends on how it was ordered

MO
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  

I found the problem, it wasn't the alarm because this vehicle does not have one. The passlock 2 bypass is made or distributed by a company called JBS Technologies. I found a manual for the bypass on the internet and the wiring is different than the one that came in the package2001 alero Bulldog problem -- posted image.. I re-wired the bypass and everything is working as it should now.2001 alero Bulldog problem -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic