icon

Sub won't work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackshuck 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

the sub's fine....so now the only 2 plausible things.....RCAs, or amp to sub wires...I'm gonna act as if I know nothing....there are 4 RCA jacks in my amp....

Input        Auxillary output

L   O                   O

R  O                   O

now is that auxillary output referring to something else? Where do I hook up my RCAs to? Now question 2...the output for the subs, 2 ohm amp, 8 ohm sub, there is 2 positives and 2 negatives......do I just pick one set and hook it up or should I connect them in parallel?

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
ok , just for now , ignore the aux. output on the amp and plug your RCAs into the input plugs. As far as the sub woofer goes , you can wire it in paralell and it should only bring you down to a 4 ohm load to the amp. That is you said your sub is an 8 ohm DVC?
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
blackshuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Single voice coil....there's only one set of terminals on it....but what I don't get is how L and R on my amp are positive and negative.....the RCA jacks have no colour to them, so I really have no clue which is which....
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok , its like I was telling you earlier.......you have a set of 2 RCAs from your sub output , a Left and a Right. Alot of sub systems are set up in 2 channel Left and Right stereo and alot of them are set up 1 channel mono. The amp you have allows you to use both Left and Right as inputs and the amp automaticly combines or "Bridges" the 2 channels together for you to make a single , one channel sub woofer output. Thus you only need one set of speaker outputs. A +(positive) and a -(negative) This situation is usually only seen on a amp like yours , a "mono"block amp. It can be used in other situations with different amps but thats a different topic. So just run a regular speaker wire from the single speaker terminals on the amp and hook the wire up to the speakers terminals accordingly. positive+ to positive+ and negative- to negative-.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
blackshuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks a bunch, I'll give that a try once I get home.
blackshuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

I'm royally defeated here....I can't get this working....for reference, again, the amp is a phoenix gold Octane R2.0 1. I have my subs on on the deck, my RCAs hooked up to the sub output of my deck, it gives out a very low voltage signal varying while music plays (very low, like .2 millivolts type low) and the amp doesn't seem to put out much higher than that at the output where the subwoofer's connected. ARGH.

Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
Its beginning to sound like somthing may be wrong with the H/U. All I can think of at this point is check one more time to see if the sub output on the deck is actually on. I know I mentioned this before but it doesnt hurt. If it still doent work , you might could have the deck checked out buy a local shop or the place you bought it from. The sub output should be more the .2 millivolts. Go in thru the menu on the deck and see if the sub out is on and activated and if maybe it has its own volume level. Go thru the entire menu and make sure you didnt overlook somthing. I feel your pain and anger.........
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic