icon

I Want To See The Most Craziest Fiberglass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
damn people and their screens, and all their money haha... I cant even afford to put 1 screen in my vehicle lol... up front, let alone 2 in the damn trunk lid, that probably only gets opened for shows
d_arnold 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.audioxclusive.com/audioxclusivephotos3.asp

I Want To See The Most Craziest Fiberglass - Page 3 -- posted image.

This may not be the craziest as you put it.  but I did it so I'd like to share. 

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
-this one is more practical than the others listed above...
-The alpine d900 was spit into many parts. the cd slot was located above the monitor. the controls was split into two parts, knob to the left of monitor and the rest below the ac controls. i thought this was neat to take the units into diff parts and integrate them into another component.
-There is also an X-Box in this M3, which the power and eject buttons was relocated to the left of the monitor.
heres another project similar to the M3 above
BTW, the installer locates in Houston, TX. his project also bein seen on JLaudio.com
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
d_arnold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

profuse007

that is a real clean install on the m3 up posted.  I like it alot. 

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
d_arnold wrote:

profuse007

that is a real clean install on the m3 up posted. I like it alot.

-am not a fan of that blue color.
-i really like the DVD slot right above the screen. there was another installation on a 3-series but it looks not as clean as this, didnt have DVD slot like it.
-this is the first ive seen someone take components a part and organize it to make it seem organically.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
d_arnold is that a grand prix?  Ha!  Looks like mine....minus all that stuff.  I'm lookin at doing a fg cover for the trunk lid.  Tired of that piece of crap metal bracing.   Anyone ever do a trunk lid before? How do they stay?  How do you mount them?  And one more, will the resin stick to metal if I take some sandpaper to it?  Never done this before so I'm just getting my bearings with this.  I've seen lots of lids done but none actually with some step by step pics or videos.  Any one have one?
d_arnold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

boxmaker85

Yes sir that is a grand prix. Actually I mounted the fiberglas to the metal bracing you are referring to.  First I put down a couple layers for fiberglass matt  on top of the bracing. Then I mounted rings for the speakers and t.v on the glass once it hardend.   After that I  pulled the mold off the lid and streches cotton around the  whole thing.  Then you soak resin into your cotton and lay glass down on  top to make it strong.  To mount it to the bracing I drilled wholes through  the bracing, one behind each ot the speakers.  Then after it was done I was  able to bolt the two together running the bolt through the metal then the fiberglass.  I used a large washer and nut that was easy to put on through the speaker opening.   You need a large washer so the fiberglass doesn't crack. Really not that hard to do. If it had been my car I would have molded the fiberglass piece to the bottom of the trunk lid and painted the whole thing to match the car it would have given that one piece clean look. But it's not mine. The customer wanted

to be able to take everything out in two years to trade the car in.

Here are a few pics. They were too big too upload here So I added them one my web pages just go to:

http://www.audioxclusive.com/audioxclusivephotos3.asp 

to check it out.  this should give you a better idea.

$uperflame$ 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
i have to say that mustang wins hands down, that car was just posted when i 1st joined, i was glad it was a stang being a camaro lover
them mustang guys are all alike,, and build car all full of sh*t to
bomex_eclipse 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone else have any installs pics, links.

I know there is alot of creative people out there just by reading the forums so let everyone see what you are able to do.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                               

Bomex_eclipse

If You Can Imagine It Glass It!
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
You can check http://www.glassmanscustomforum.com/. The pics and movies will blow your mind.
The link is usually on the top of this forum pages, so I don't think the moderators will mind.
DXAV
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic