icon

No sound from system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rghrdr18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Okay here it goes. I just installed a kenwood KVT-911DVD player with the Sirius tuner, as well as a set of Polk DX seperates up front and Boston 6x9 in back of my 1990 4runner. I also have two 12" MTX subs in back with an "Old School" MTX Blue Thunder 150x2 amp to run them, and a MTX Blue Thunder 50x4 to run all the speakers. However, when it is all hooked up and everything powers up, there is no sound out of the speakers, I have not tried hooking up the subs yet, but what could the problem be. If anyone is familiar with the Old School Blue Thunder amps, they have a blue led that MTX is known for. So to further confuse the situation the led stays lit even after the deck is off. To see what the problem could be, I unplugged the power, both remote and constant from the amp, and it still stayed on until I unplugged ALL the RCA's and then the led went off. What could the problem be, could it be a bad amp or did I miss something when I wired it all up.
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
i'm almost positive that this paticular vehicle has a factory amp did u power that wire up but then again this only applies if your running any of the spaeker directly from the radio.....
AudioPro111
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  

All I can say is to go back over all your connections..Check to make sure eveything is plugged into your DVD player and not loose...Check all the internal settings on your HU....

As far as the LED staying on after you turn off the deck all that is is the residual power left in the amp and the LED is using it to stay on kinda like unloading a capacitor...Thats all that is just left over power in the amp burning out through the LED....

Just start from the HU and trace all your wires back to the amp then from the amp to the speakers...Pop the speakers using a AA battery to make sure they are hooked up and havent came loose in the doors....

I Am tired so thats all you are getting from me right now..I am sure someone else will chime in to help also and may be more helpful...GOODLUCK...

No sound from system? -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

Well there is one thing i know for a fact, your RCA's for sound are not in the proper input/output.  If everything is powered up, including the L.E.D light, then your power / ground is just fine. Just check them to be sure.

What you can try, is running the dvd just to your highs, and mids (interrior speaker).
Does sound come through?
There is a possiblilty that the deck itself is damage. Unless you test it.

rghrdr18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Well, it turns out that one of the fuses on the side of the amp had a hairline break in it. For some reason when I tested it the first time, it must have had enough contact to say that it was still good, because it read as a good fuse still, stupid fuse No sound from system? -- posted image.. So, the moral of the story is when in doubt replace everything. Thanks guys for all your help though!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I was about to comment but i will anyways. I had an Alpine 75x4 amp and i was taking it out for a couple of minutes to dynamat the area. As i took out the ground and power cables, *SPARK* ... Needless to say i just went holy $hit, that has never happened before. Turns out that the fuse under the hood was fried. I noticed this only after i turned back on my system and it all was on but no sound came out... So pop ur hood once in a while and make sure it is intact. Get a couple extra of those fuses if you can and put the min your glove box... You don't know when it will happen to you.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic