the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

03 Camry remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Omega RS-4LX remote start on a 03 Camry. I was told this car needed a transponder bypass(PKT-II very similar to bypasskits.com PKT). I could not find any of the wires that the bypass needed to connect to. This Camry has a factory alarm and keyless entry and it is a 4 cyl. I wired up the remote starter and I thought if I put the key in the ignition it would remote start just as a step before I hook up the bypass. I got nothing and I beleive it is because the remote starter is not being triggered. I also discovered that the only way to see a negative pulse on the lock/unlock wires is to have the key in the door switch. I could not get a response from the keyless entry remote or the unlock switch on the driver  door. I did get a negative pulse whe I used the key to lock the door and without hooking up the bypass the car started. I am very confused as none of the info I have been collecting over the last three weeks mention anything about this. What have I done wrong?
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
are you using the factory remote to trigger the remote start???????do you have it set for double pulse on the lock wire??????
there is a pink wire on the rs4lx unit...when you touch that wire to ground, the car should go into remote start mode....you can test the unit that way...if it works, then you might not have that wire hooke dup right.....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

draasch,

I am ok and I found out the problem. I was using the blue yellow wire on the blue thirteen pin connector. This wire only pulse to ground when the key in the door is turned to the lock position. I was told from Omega, there wire is a blue/red(motor lock) wire on the grey connector that pulse to ground when the factory remote lock button is pushed. I will find out for sure tonight when I fininsh the job. I also found out that if the vehicle do not have a security light flashing in the dash then a bypass is not required. None of the wires colors mentioned on the PKT matched.

MEH66
meh66 
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
I almost completed the install, but I need someone help on the problem I found. This 03 Camry only has RKE, it does not have a security system on it. The reason why I said that is because I removed the OEM alarm disarm wire and the car still started. The problem I am having is after the car is remote started the remote keypad is useless. The only way I can gain acces to the car is by using the key. I noticed that the Omega RS-4LX a yellow 18 ga wire, it said this wire should be connected to the host security or keyless entry system ignition input wire. I may sound crazy, but where is this wire located on the vehicle? Are the host system ignition input wires the same as the vehicle ignition wire? I did not try it yet as it was getting late. The reason for the hesitation is one because the car has two ignition wires and when the key is in the ignition will 12 volts be on the ignition wires?
MEH66
Musicman5000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
That wire isis for when you hook it to a aftermarket alarm or keyless entry so that they do not see the ignition when it comes on and they will still funtion. Unless you know where the factory keyless is you wont be able to use it.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  

Does your Keyless work while car is runing when  you start the car with your Key?

RKE ModuleBEHIND THE GLOVE BOX
Motor LockBLUE/REDGRAY 11 PIN IN DR KICK PANEL
Motor UnlockBLUE/BLACKPASSENGER KICK PANEL
Drv Door UnlockBLUE/BLACKGRAY 11 PIN IN DR KICK PANEL

Immobilizer Bypass (Some Vehicles Reported W/O) Omega Part:DB-PKT All Toyota/Lexis 98-02 (No Key Required). * Cold Start Wire BLACK / YELLOW There Are Two BLACK / YELLOW Wires One Tests Like A Starter Wire The Other Like A Ignition ,Please Check.
OEM Alarm ArmWORKS WITH DOOR LOCKS
OEM Alarm DisarmWORKS WITH DOOR LOCKS
OEM Alarm Hood Trigger:BLACK At Theft Deterrent E.C.U.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
meh66 
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

MO,

The keyless does not work when the key is used to start the car. BTW, the motor lock wire is in the blue connector not the grey connector. I looked for that wire on the grey connector and I did not see it. Do you know the pin out on the RKE module?

MEH66
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Don't have the PIN Out info on the RKE.......
<<<The problem I am having is after the car is remote started the remote keypad is useless.>>>>
I thought the Keyless was inop when the car is started, with Key or RS, but I thought there was a way around that.
HHMMMM........will look thru stuff for info, I hope
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Musicman5000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

Go t the factory keyless unit and test the wires till you find the one that shows power when you turn the key oin, that is the wire you need to put a relay in to stop the factory keyless from seeing power with the key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic