icon

Need help with trunk popper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2k2civic 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I have a question on my alarm.  I currently have a Viper 800ESP and my problem is in that my trunk popper unlocks my trunk when the remote button is pressed for just a second.  I was wondering if it would be at all possible to set up it so that it takes a few seconds for the trunk popper to get power. 

Also, why is it that I can still use the trunk popper/window roll up/down while the car is turned on? Is there any way of changing this?

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
It's very unusual for features in cars to stop working when the car is running.
Other than car alarms, I guess. :)
Still, it's fairly easy to do. Interrupt the outputs from the alarms that feed the window modules and trunk popper w/ two relays. I'll give the wiring for the trunk popper-- it's exactly the same for the window modules.
Cut 800ESP trunk output. 800ESP output side to pin 30. Trunk side to pin 87a. Ignition to pin 85. Ground to pin 86.
Me
2k2civic 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
And how about making it so that I have to hold the button down for a few seconds before it pops the trunk? Any way of doing this? I seem to accidentally hit the button often for some reason and would like it so that my trunk isn't opening every time I do.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
I think you can change that with a bit writer on that unit. Since I am guessing you wont have one of these fancy little computers from DEI I would phone around to the locak shops and see if they have one. If they do I bet they would only charge you 20 bucks or so to program it.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic