My Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_element_ 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

hi all im new,

first off i got to say this is a awesome forum, i jujst found it andits so full of usefull info

ok, i kinda go through phases were i like to do little project and heres my latest, i do have a good electrical & electronic grasp  but u guys are the experts so i would like to bug your brains for alittle while.

i currently own a 54 plater mg zr 105 now what i want to do is reconfigure the current alarm and install a starter button so it will act the same way as the new renaults. (i.e u approach the doors they open, u push starter button car starts, u walk away from car it closes u dont touch anything it all automatic)

now ive never done anything like this so i might be off base, i was thinking that i could rip apart my spare remote and set it to coninuously transmiting (it has a terrible range anyway as standard not sure about battery life though) that would take care of the doors opening for me and that should disable the imobiliser im thinking? not sure though so i can wire up a S.B to the car but i dont know how i get the doors to close.

or i can buy another sensor and have a no button transmitter on my keys to save any hassle?

y if i wasnt clear enough would appreaciate any feedback? and does any1 have alarm wiring diagram for a zr 2004?  thx for reading.

snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  

zr 2004?  more info.

_element_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
snguyen wrote:

zr 2004?  more info.

ah problem most of u guys are americian, MG zr 105 is the latest car by a british firm called Rover http://www3.mg-rover.com/mg_GB_en/static/node12151.html

zr 2004 <- i meant by that the car is brand new about 1month old.

sorry about the confusion didnty reliase ill try to make things as obvious as possible but has any1 heard of or ever seen the renault keyless entry system im talking about? i hope i explained what im trying to do clear enough if not ill detail it more for yourselfs.

_element_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

sorry  ive we written it so its more clearer

what i want to do is reconfigure the current alarm and install a starter button so it will act the same way as the new renaults.

u approach the car     -the alarm deactivates and the doors unlock , so you can just open your door and get in the car

u get in and push the starter button car starts,

when ure finish  u push the starter button again and the car turns off you get out of the car u walk away it and the alarm reactivates and doors lock again

u dont push any alarm button or nothing it all done automatic.

hope that makes it clearer

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Before you clarified what you were doing I thought you were crazy to want to set it up where your doors would close for you. I mean how hard is it to shut your door? Then I realized you just meant locking and unlocking.
Here is a wireless RF keyless entry unit:
Bypasskit.com Handsfree RF Keyless Entry
Thats one way to have the doors unlock and lock.
As far as the start button goes, If you do a search on this site I know ther are plenty of old topics discussing that. You can wire up your own I'm sure, but they also sell them online.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Musicman5000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

Good luck sounds like a killer idea

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
Using, jrilla idea and a Remote Start, U could Lock, Unlock & Start vehicle with just the Remote, get in & Drive off.  Or put a Push button on dash to activate RS.  U would not hook up Brake Switch, because that would disable
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
_element_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
thx for the replies guys, u have given me some great ideas on how to do this thx for the links:)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic