icon

radio wont shut off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awsomedude 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing my compustar 2w900fm-as on my 2002 s10 pickup, everything works great, the alarm is in manual mode, so when i park my car i engage the e brake open the door, close the door and the car shuts off, that all works well and good, but the radio stays on. THe only time  it will shut off is when I disarm the car and open the door again, and when the door opens the rqadio shuts off. Any ideas?
jkyliej 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

Did you use the pass lock over ride module they supplied?

jkj
jkyliej 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

What I meant to continue to say was that I had a similar problem.  There are two wires that are to be connected to the passlock module via spade connectors.  I think one needs to go to the whit ignition wire and another to constant 12.  I disconected the wire that fed the white ignition wire and all was better.  I think at the time I saw a redundency in the wires that were feeding ignition circuits.

jkj
jkyliej 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
One last note.  Don't misunderstand that to mean that the white ignition or 2nd ignition wire doesn't need to be powered by the remote start during operation.  It does need to be powered.  On the truck I was installing (2001 GMC 2500HD) it was fed twice between a wire from the remote start and a wire from the passlock module.
jkj
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
You need to pulse the driver's side door pin after the car shuts off to mimic opening and closing the door.... this will shut down the RAP (Retained Accessory Power). Now, the problem is, if it's a manual, it will take it out of ready mode, so you will need to isolate the pulse from the starter itself using a couple diodes.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

Under the drivers kick panel, there is a plug, the first wire in the plug is a tan (light Brown) wire. Send a negitave pluse to this wire on remote shut down. This is for a full size, not a S10, but they might be the same color wire. Your Remote module should have a (-) pluse at shut down. ( by the way your radio will only stay on 10 min)

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Just tie into the same wire that you used for doorpin. Can be acessed at the doorpin under the fusebox, or at the BCM that is located to the right of the gas pedal at the bottom of the dash. Using a 1N1004 diode with the band towards the doorpin, and before the point where the remote start ties into the circuit.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic