icon

System questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I guess if you're only referring to respectable brands..then brands actually do matter..otherwise you wouldn't be referring to just repsectable brands. I defintely disagree that brands make a difference. Find two respectable subs with a lot of cone space and then i'll find you a single 15" that can outperform both of those subs with less cone space...Brands do matter. I think anyone stating that they dont hasn't done the proper research.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

Let me specify that...find two respectable 12''s and i'll find a single 15" to outperform it.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm out preform it in what sense. I think If I was going for sq then you can have fun finding a 15 to outpreform two focal utopia's. I also think if you are talking spl then finding one 15 to outplay a pair of RE's or Adire Bramhas or a set of mtx 9500's is gonna be a hell of a challange. I totally agree that the sub matters, however dont look past the install and the other components in the chain. A great sub can preform like sh*t if the box or the amp or the signal lines or the deck or whatever else isnt also up to par.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
You make a good point with the adires..it would be hard to outperform two brahmas with a single 15 but it can be done. Also IMO the mtx 9500s could be outperformed in both sq and spl by a single 15" brahma or xxx. Assuming the xxx/Re and the 9500 were put in the right box. That could make all the difference. The main point i was trying to make is that brand does matter..Also I think the original post was talking about SPL not sq.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ya, it was a long time since this post was started so I dont even know what the original question was, and I would put a pair of 12 inch 9500s in the proper box with proper power up against XXX ina proper box with proper power any day on the week and take th 9500's. As for the Bramahas I havent ever actually heard one or even seen one in real life so I cant really say
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Also exactly what 15 are you gonna use to out do a bramaha or XXX
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
He was mostly referring to respectable brands not superior brands like Adire and RE...I didnt expect to have to defend myself with a sub i was going to use in my defense lol..but yea i'm sure 2 12" Brahmas or xxx's could outperform a single 15 brahma or xxx...His point was to use more cone space with average respectable speakers and get more spl than a high end subs such as a Brahma and XXX.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic