icon

Trailblazer DVD Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
air defender 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer Ext and am looking into my options for installing a DVD system.  I haven't decided on the overhead (flip-down screen), all-in-one,  or to install monitors into the headrests.  I see all of these discussions of just cutting into the headliner for the overhead install.  What precautions do I need to take for the HVAC duct work in the roof?  Another concern is if I do the headrest install my 2 year old might do some damage to the LCD displays.  How robust are they?  Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.
wickedwayz11 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
without doing any modification on the HVAC duct based on size of overhead you go with, headrests are better for this vehicle.  What works with little kids is telling them not to touch it, if to much pressure is pressed on it, it can crack the LCD.  Asides that, the lcd monster cable cleaner works great for fingerprints or marks on monitors.
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
I would go with the headrests also I have headrest monitors in both mine and my wifes vehicles and I have a three year old who personally knows satan (even though she is daddy's little angel) and she has yet to be able to destroy any of them yet. and believe me she is still trying..  I install headrest monitors everyday and the worst I have seen is a lady came back in becuase her monitor would not shut off it was wired to ACC so it shuts off when the vehicle does but always comes on when the car is started. Come to find out the her 6 year old likes to play with the buttons and got syrup in their so the button stayed on, I would not suggest this to anyone but I used a Q tip and some alcohol and presto we were all back in business.. just my 2 cents
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
angry 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

Here's another concern on the headrest monitors.  My wife thinks that the headrest is too close to her to not get car sick.  I disagree with her, but I want some feedback from others.  I think that a small enought monitor (5" - 7") will not be bad. Any thoughts?

John

wickedwayz11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

7" is the perfect size, i have that size headrest in my vehicles and i think they're great. 

wickedwayz11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

7" is the perfect size, i have that size headrest in my vehicles and i think they're great. 

fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

If the monitor is going to be real close just try a 6" or 5.6" but honestly I think the 7" is going to be the most pleasing..

Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic