icon

Soundstream anyone?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone had any good/bad experience with SOUNDSTREAM amplifiers? Particulary the EGA or XTA series? I would like to know them in sense of true clarity in comparison to other hi ends like Nakamichi and Zapco.

Thanks
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
i run a Tarantula 800.5 and im by far impressed with what it is feeding my speakers, they are so loud i wander what it would be like if i didnt have a sh*tty deck.
i hear alot of their amps are good, but i would still assume zapco and nakamichi's are superior.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for that. Anyone else got any experience?
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone else offer anything to the table?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
I love soundstream,    I would love to build a whole car with there equipment but ouch it hurts,   not like I dont have that much wrapped in there already.   I have played with a jl 450/4 and some soundstream amps in the same car/speakers and they are about cmparable
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
You could not pay me to use their new equipment. Soundstream of old (and I mean 2000 and before) was great equipment that I would use in a heartbeat. But to call the new crap better, well this is just plain wrong. Soundstream is in fact owned by the champion of made in Singakoreachinatiawanapore companies, Power Acoustik. The new crap was my biggest let down in a good 'ol American line that I had ever seen. Build quality was terrible. Find out if these amp are made in the USA, assembled in the USA or made in a sweatshop like most are. While they may have some great looking product, it is far from what the line used to be. My bet is that they will continue to improve the line and when the day comes that the line is improved, maybe my opinions will change on it.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
nc5er 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
As forbidden said, their newish stuff is junk! Their older amps were sweet though. If you humble yourself, search the bay for awhile, you'll locate some of their pre owned, good stuff. Old PPI is usually a hair cheaper with better specs, just a thought.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
thank u

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic