icon

Amplifier repair possible? Getting hot

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fierygt 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

I have two 8 gauge wires, connected to a positive distribution block connecting the two amps together, running directly to the battery, so they are not really running of the same power wire, and I have tried installing the bad M25 where the good M50 is located, and it does the same thing.  I am pretty sure that it is internal, and hoping someone could tell me what could be causing it.  I am testing resistors, and diodes, but not too good with transisitors, and capacitors and such, and was just hoping someone could tell me what type of component on the circuit board could give this type of problem.  It is apparently somewhere between the power supply and the transistors mounted to the heat sink, as the heat sink gets extremely hot, and looks like it has nothing to do with the speaker section of the amplifier.  Keep the advice coming, thanks.

furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
You either need to take the amp to a certified repair shop or replace it. There are to many things in the amp that could cause this. If you don't know what you are doing you could cause further damage to your system.
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
try hooking up the amp that is getting hot directly to the battery under hood connect your battery and remote line together and connect to positive post and ground to ground post if it still gets hot then u know it's definitly time to get it fixed if it doesn't then it's your wiring time to upgrade the gauge..or get a cap, first try the battery idea!
AudioPro111
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic