icon

car alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vw@ner 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

i have a car alarm that doesnt have a horn output.

1. i want to ad an air horn and i dont want that the horn will work every time when  alarm is activaited by remote control (i dont want that the horn will beep like alarm when pushing the button ) , i want that it will work only when door is opened or window had been broken.how can i do it ? 

2.how can i make (time relay) for example 10 sec relay?

thank you!!!

ampere 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

I had an air horn in my previous car and it took about 0.8 to 1 sec for the compressor to pressurize the lines before the horns blared. If the system is just emitting a churp, the air horns will not sound. However, when the full alarm is going off the air horns would turn on.

You MUST use a relay however. The compressor for air horns require WAAYYY more current than the siren output on the alarm can supply!

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with ampere. I have done many air horn installs and fully agree with ampere. However remember ther siren output is constant (usually) so when the alarm is going off the air horns will only emit that one long arse annoying tone. If you really want to be annoying shop around for a mini air raid siren. I am sure you can guess what that sounds like. And if you hook up a pulse timer you can make it sound like fire truck is under your hood.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic