icon

MB Quart? Boston? ect?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

I am looking to reinstall all the speakers in my maxima, which is in the Bose System, but I am going to rewire it and run it though a P.A. 600/4 amp that I have, What does everyone recommend? I had Boston's in my Explorer, and they sounded great they were the Raley serious, but people keep talkin about MB Quart, other talk about Infinity Kappa Perfects, and some talk about Memphis and Eclipse, I listen to all kinds of music, I will need compontants, I guess, otherwise I will need speakers and 2 tweeters. if you an help out, that would be awesome, thanks!

Duke Duke
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

You should listen to all those brands you listed.  They're all good and will all sound different.  It will come down to the price/sound mix for you.  A/B test them with material you are familar with if possible. 

Quart's are known for extremely crisp, clean, and ability to play loud.  Most of this is due to their use of a titanium tweeter.  Some people feel they are bright and lack midbass warmth.  I have the PCE set.  Overall I am very pleased.  However, I've been slightly disappointed with their off-axis response in my door location - the upper midbass seems to sound a tad strained and dry.  Don't let this alone push you away from quart though.  Most speakers at this price point have downsides and most have off-axis problems too.  You might want to consider off-axis response if you will have less than an ideal installation location.  One of the reason I recommend you look at the Koda set below is because the off-axis response is supposed to be very good.

Memphis uses a silk tweeter.  This tends to give smoother sound.  When I a/b'd the quart pce and top memphis line I thought they sounded very similar through the vocals and midbass.

I haven't heard Eclipse components but used to own a pair of Eclipse 6x9's and they were easily the best 6x9's I've ever heard.  I've heard plenty of friend's Kappa Perfect systems.  It seems to be a good quality set at a great price.  I haven't A/B'd the perfects.

Many people swear by Boston.  I've always been impressed in the store but didn't buy because I felt like there was a better price/performance point elsewhere.

I'd advise against getting 2 pairs of components.  For the rear fill all you need is a decent coax or none at all.  Certainly spend more money up front if budget is an issue. 

Today, I'd probably buy Adire Koda or REaudio components.  I haven't heard these speakers yet but am very impressed with the reviews, technology, and good price.  It seems like a good risk.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome thank you, I also forgot to mention Diamond Audio, price isn't the saleing point, I mean, if they are $1000.00 a set for comp's I won't get them, I am not going to spend that much, but at the same time, I want the best bang for the buck, I want them to sound awesome, there will be loads of bass I am running a Eclipse Titanium on a Memphis Mojo amp at 2000 watts, but I am just needing good internals and SQ, if anyone could help that would be awesome, thank you kfr01 for the input, it has helped, I will look into those speakers
Duke Duke

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic