icon

remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Byron29 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
I recently got my truck outta the shop as it was broken into & they busted my steering column up to try to steal the truck but lucky did not know what they were doing.  I have a Viper alarm on it with remote start & ever since it came from the shop, the remote start will act like its starting with the engine turning over but then dies.  It almost acts like maybe they didn't hook up a wire for the fuel injection or something.  Does anybody have an ideal on what it may be?  Hopefully its something simple.
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
more than likely when they fixed you ignition cylinder i don't know if they replaced ignition  harness or not but  if they didn't reconnect  the passlock interface then it will never remote start succesfully
AudioPro111
Byron29 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.........i'll check out the passlock interface & see if its connected or not.
SmokeyJMB 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
I came across a similar proble on an Avital. i got a new one under the lifetime warranty, and it worked fine. if the wireing is correct on the passlock interface then see about getting a new brain.
DO it right, Don't use SONY

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic