icon

Suggestion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Xavier2k20 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

OK need a few opinions on something. I traded my sterio to get a 13 inch flip down monitor thinking i can get more money if i sold it. Thing is  I don't know any one with a suv or big caddy. So i decided i want to install in my ride but i have a 95 civic coupe. Would it look wierd if i were to put in it. and i also have a sunroof , and i'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've installed tvs before but never a roof mount. Need a little help. 

Xavier2k20
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
its not going to look all that good first because of the size of screen and second because of the sunroof ,since u have a sunroof this means the screen will have to be placed farther back ,unless all u wish is to entertain little kids or an extremely short person the screen is going to be right in the face of your passangers and with out a doubt  block your view out of rear window dramatically through rear view mirror remember civic is a very low car compared to an suv....... 
AudioPro111
ODLeon 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
mold it into the dash!!!! youll just have to relocate the HU and  HVAC controls. but i think 13 MIGHT be alittle too big. take the screen and hold it on the dash and see how it looks.
audiopro111 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Mold it into the dash?? it's a flip down; an overhead yea if u take it apart and go to extremes of custom fabrication for that kind of $$ u might as well go with an in dash motorized flip up screen he explains he's not too sure  how to do it so to me that says not a professional just yet ( no pun intended)......
AudioPro111
ODLeon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
he said to give him a suggestion, so i did. and its not that difficult or expensive to mold in a screen, its just time-consuming.
ODLeon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
and he said he's installed tv's before, just never in a car with a sunroof. this= some sort of exp. Hey if i can do it, he can too.Suggestion -- posted image.
audiopro111 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
ok u took the comment the wrong way or more like i explained it the wrong way so my apologies if i offended i have no doubt u can do it but u definitly need experience or get a few more replys don't just jump into it figure things out first...............later.
AudioPro111
Xavier2k20 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
Well I guess i'll just try to sell it again. MY Lady would be pissed if i cut a hole in the roof and i don't know what i'm doing.Thanks for all the suggestion you guys saved me money in the long run.
Xavier2k20
bomex_eclipse 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

What Kind Of Moniter Is It?

How Much$$$?

And Where Do You Live?

Are You Willing To Ship It If The $$$$ Is Right?

If You Can Imagine It Glass It!
Xavier2k20 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
It's like ever clear or something i just want like $75 for it. Only thing it doesn't have the power harness so you're gonna have to run a power and negitive to where the harness is suppose to be. I tested it and it works. It's just a little banged up. I live near chicago, IL. I guess i'll be willing to ship it but i've never shipped something before so you'll need to tell me how.
Xavier2k20

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic