icon

Eclipse Titanium

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any info on the Eclipse Titanium that can forward me or anything? I just bought one and got a hell of a deal on it, but don't have any info for it, box measurments, how to wire it correctly, and everything, if anyone can help, please do, thanks!
Duke Duke
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Which one? I've owned both the 10 and the 12, and specs are different for each.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
My bad buddy, the 12 inch Eclipse Titanium SW9122
Duke Duke
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
That is the driver I use at present, and yes, it is a BAD buddy! I have mine in 1.0 cubes, net. Works to about 1.35 cubes gross, after you add all the bracing that IS IMPERATIVE with that driver. It is driven in stereo with the 4kW Eclipse Digital amp - the DA7232, and I can BEAT that thing all day. I did go specifically for an ABSOLUTELY sound quality subwoofer, and I will admit it does not play as loud as many people might want - but it has AWESOME reponse - fast, dynamic, deep, and loud enuff for me! Some people (even here on this board they have questioned the match-up) have asked if that is too much amplifier for that driver, andI will tell you right now, NO, NO, NO,NO!!! Did I say NO? That driver will take everything that amp can dish out, in that enclosure.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
speaker page
http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/speaker/sw9100/sw9122.html
PDF page
http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/pdf/index.html
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys, I am running my one titanium on a Memphis Mojo, I hope it will pound the hell out of that sub, and this thing will beat, but yet the SQ is awesome and crisp and clear. thanks if anyone else has anymore info on the sub and the best way to wire it, or wants to send me a diagram of how to wire it and all that please send me some info, thanks!
Duke Duke
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Kinda a dirty amp to run it on for myself
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
What do you mean "a dirty amp?"
Duke Duke
haemphyst 
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
Relatively high distortion... that driver is pretty revealing to the signal source. LIKES LOTS of good clean power!
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Im looking into either running 3 or 4 10" IDQ, eclipse, or memphis M class subs. I want incredible sound Q. Whats the opinion on those three brands? If I want sound Q do I need to step up to a Dynaudio, focal, rainbow brand sub? Ive never heard any of those subs so Im looking for sugestions. Space is tight and its a convertible so it does have to get a little loud to compensate for the sound loss when the tops down. Any opinions? I dont even know where to start lookign to hear the last 3 manufacturers I listed. Opinions on what to run? Once I chose my sub brand Ill start my search for an amp to run them. Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic