icon

yet another 555L question.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jayglaze379 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, Ive got a  98 Cavalier, I put a Crimestopper CS-2011RS remote start / alarm in it, and a DEI 555L.  When the remote start is engaged the system will try to crank the car 3 times.  The car never starts on the first or second try, and maybe 1/10 times it will start and run normally on the third.  The car starts normally with the key, and I don't get any theft light.  Ive checked all my passlock connections several times.  Im almost positive they are all correct.  As for my red, I have it going to a +12v from the battery, the pink is going to the +12v from the ignition switch, BLACK/ white is on my bulb check wire.  The violet and blue are the only 2 Im not 100% sure on, but they are both hooked up to wires that show constant - ground while the remote start is engaged.  The only other thing I was thinking about was the fact Im running the unit in "smart tachless mode".  Is it possible the system isn't getting enough juice from the ignition wires to think the car started?  I've used a 555l before on a passlock II GM, and it worked flawlessly.  The fact that I cant get this car going, and Ive been working on it for the past 2 days is driving me insane.  Any suggestions on where I should begin troubleshooting tomorrow when I go at it again would be appreaciated.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
The purple wire on the 555L needs to see - ONLY WHILE THE VEHICLE IS CRANKING....
On remote starters without a negative crank output, you can connect it to your accesory output (the wire that goes to the orange wire in the car) it will show enough ground during crank to work.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Jayglaze379 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
It was a rather busy day for me, I diddnt' get to try this yet, but I will be sure to give it a shot.  Thank you for the quick reply.
Jayglaze379 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, that wire worked fine.  The car remote starts now, and stays on.  However, the theft light stays lit solid while the car is running.  Is that anything to worry about?  Also all of my accessories power up durring remote start, heat, lights, etc, but my radio does not.  Any ideas?  Thanks again.
Jayglaze379 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Just a note to the above, The light being on and the radio not comming on are not a problem for me, Im only worried that those may be the signs of a bigger problem.  If the car will be ok in this condition, I do not care if it stays this way.  Thanks again in advance.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
The radio will only come on if you energize the brown wire in the ignition harness.
The theft light should be on however, I usually let a 555L learn for at least 30 seconds.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Jayglaze379 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I don't know about that theft light.  I have a theft light now, even when the car is started with the key.  The light stays solid, but the car runs without a problem.  Could the 555l be in wrong somehow? 
malucyk 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I had this problem. Turns out my ignition wire on the 555L was hooked up to the Ignition out on the relay pack of a Vuper 791XV. Turns out it was a - ignition out for a 3rd realy. Make sure your ignition is hooked up to the vehicle's true igintion. Then when you start it with the key, it will learn the right r-code value.
Make sure also you have your passlock ground wire hooked up to the right wire and not the bubl check ground. This will throw off the reistor value enough that the vehicles starts but the light will come on.
Matt
Jayglaze379 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, Ill check the ground, I know Im on the actuall ignition.

Jayglaze379 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ill be sure to check the ground, I know Im on the right ignition wire.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic