icon

Q about Vacuum lock relay diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
I actually generally use spade-type disconnects for this-- crimp them to a piece of wire and then use a needlenose pliers to put them on the relays. (It's one of the few things I don't solder). Then I get insulation for free. (And it's a PITA to get electrical tape in between those pins!)
Me
hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Or, what Ben.c said. :)
Me
spicyburritto 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your help guys, i'll post again if i have any problems with that.  I appreciate it,

barrett

Think about it first.
spicyburritto 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

Two more questions on this power locks problem.  I've got my two relays, and i'm going to put them in soon.  Do i just need to insert the relays on the wire somewhere between the driver's door and the vacuum pump?  And if i do that, will the driver's door lock and unlock  when the vacuum pump is activated?  I had the driver's door panel taken apart last weekend and it didnt look like that door is vacuum controlled, like maybe it is just manually controlled.  Does anybody know about the driver's door locking mechanism in an 84 mercedes 300 SD?  thanks,

barrett

Think about it first.
hagmanti 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
To your question about relays-- yes. Cut that wire and put the relays in between.
I don't know that model year specifically, but I've never seen vac locks that didn't control every lock in the car (unless somebody did something aftermarket).
Lots of things I haven't seen, of course....
   Me
spicyburritto 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i swung by a local mercedes mechanic today, and it turns out that only after 86 did mercedes put a vacuum actuator on the driver's door.  In my model, the driver's door lock assembly is completely manually controlled.  I will need to buy a solenoid and hook that up as well.  Do you know where i might find a solenoid that would be compatible?
Think about it first.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic