icon

Brand new start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I'm thinking of getting a new truck or suv and I can't decide whether to start fresh or transfer everything. I really like my speakers but they are a pain to get out. Here is a list of everything I have:

Alpine CDM-9821

Boston FS 60 components

JL Audio 12" W1 sub

Alpine 3523 amp (old skool amp)

Power Acoustik sub amp (I'm not really wanting to hold onto this...)

I'm thinking I should just keep the front speakers and amp but what do you think?

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
yes and yes, if you like the sound keep it, i dont know about anything oldskool, but if the amps workin for you, and you can utilize it, go for it, and even if it doesnt do what you want for your new truck, sometimes holding onto old amps helps in a bind
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Starting over is always nice if you can afford it. But for those of us who cant , recycling is the answer. I have some pieces Ive had in at least 5 cars. If you like those Boston FS60s , I would definately keep those. Just my opinion
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
If it's hard to get out, leave it.  If it's easy, take it.  Just make sure everything that is left is working for the new owner and to keep resale value up.  A pair of high quality components installed in a vehicle that are not hooked up takes value away from the vehicle.  No matter how good they are, it just means there's labor to do, and labor is money.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

I'm thinking ill keep the speakers and alpine amp and buy a new sub, an amp for the sub, and a new cd player. I'm thinking of either the Eclipse 3404 or the Alpine CDM-9823. Does anyone know how much the Eclipse deck costs?

For the sub I'm thinking of either a 12" JL W0, RF P2, or the MB Quart DWE 304. No one around me carries the MB Quart sub so an opinion is needed.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Well if it was up to me and had the budget to start over then go for it,   let us know a price range you are trying to stay in the size speakers you need and I am figuring that you are more directed towards SQ so I am sure that will be taken into consideration
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic