icon

Sirius question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2Jeepsdeep 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

Well, I purchased a used Sirius tuner off ebay (kenwood ktc-sr902). It didn't come with the cable to connect to the headunit (kenwood KDC-X559). So I also purchased one of those on ebay. Before all of this i had bought a sirius antenna, 2 wire style.

The headunit will not "see" the tuner now. It worked for about 15 minutes, but will not work at all now. I have plugged and replugged both ends of the cable and the closest i could get is the deck to say "disc". I don't have anything to isolate the problem to one component.

The question i have is if the 2 cable antenna will work with this tuner, a 1 wire connection. I currently have it connected to the green wire and it got signal just fine when it was working.

thanks!

audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
the green wire is signal and the mustard colored wire is earth (ground)
AudioPro111
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
it shouldn't of have worked, but i guess that 1st time was a fluke of some sort. You'll need to go buy the newer slim line antenna with the single wire instead of the 2.
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
actually they make an adaptor to make it 2 to 1 connection...terk makes it...if you need the model number let me know...i have one in my girlfriends car...picked it up at circuit city for $15
2Jeepsdeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

would that cause the whole thing not to work? or would that just cause it to not get a signal?

right now the deck doesn't want to see the tuner as being there at all.

bumpingjeep - if you could get the model # that would be great! all i've found is an adapter for 1 to 2, nothing for the other way.

bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
no...that wouldn't cause the whole thing not to work...either try hitting the reset button on the tuner...or if there isn't one and it actually has a dedicated power and ground going to it outside of the data cable then test to make sure that they are both in order and that you actually get twelve volts...a 1 to 2...i've never even heard of that...you sure its not the same thing or does it actually have two male and one female for the ends...i actually have my fiances car today so i will check for you and post it here later
2Jeepsdeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
no reset button on the tuner, and no external power connections; i tried to reset the deck and no go;
all they sell at sirius.com is a single to duel adapter;
thanks
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
you sure u have the correct data link cable that goes from radio to tuner or try switching the end that u have going to tuner to radio and the end you got going to radio to tuner some of these cable only work in one direction.......
AudioPro111
2Jeepsdeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

i'm fairly sure it is the right one, the ebay auction i won it off of says it's for kenwood cd changer/sirius

i'll try switching the ends after lunch and see if that helps at all

2Jeepsdeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

i switched tried opposite ends and it didn't work either

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic