the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  

My old Clifford Ace 7500 crapped out on me, so I had it taken care of through the warranty and they sent me a brand new Solaris 5.  Unfortunately there was no siren included like there should have been.  I have the shop I took it to finding out what happened through Clifford, so I ran the siren wires for it.  I have my old siren still and attempted to use it until I get the new siren. 

Here's the problem.  The old siren has two wires, a red wire that goes to the battery and a black wire that goes to the alarm.  The new sired has two brown wires that go to it (my guess it is AC as there is no polarity suggested).  Well I tried hooking up the old siren to the horn output.  But unfortunately that didn't work.  So I was wondering if anyone had another idea to power the old siren till I get the new one.  Thanks!

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I decided to try running the horn honk output through a relay (don't know why I didn't think about it before).  Unfortunately that didn't work.  So I decided to meter what kind of output the alarm puts out.  It turns out to be a low voltage positive pulsed signal.  The siren needs a constant ground, so I guess the horn output won't work.  Anybody have any more ideas?

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Steven,
Using a the Cliffnet Wizard you may change the pulsing horn honk, to a constant ground for the siren.
Now, whether that changes the condition of the siren to operate, I will have to confirm for you later.
Typically the third wire is a data wire, and the other two are power and ground.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
The manual indicates that both brown wires are speaker 1 & 2 outputs.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic