icon

Do I need a wing on my Car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
No I am not asking I am venting...I had someone tell me again they wanted a wing for thier import...grrrrrr...I know that I have the factory wing on my civic because its a factory piece,   But if you drive a 1986 toyota corolla you dont need a wing!   It looks retarted! and you will never go over 160-200MPH to actually ever have to put that to use..
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Actually any type of spoiler in the rear of a FWD car is pointless.  your forcing the rear down and the front up- giving front less traction...if you go fast enough.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
what's even better is very few street cars go fast enough for most wings to do much (from memory the reports I've read say over 150 mph before truly effective) the ones that work are like on the nascar cars, and that's only if done with the rest of the body in mind too
foltzy 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have a wing on my 96 stratus....i also have 24" spinnersDo I need a wing on my Car? -- posted image.
foltzy 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
...kidding
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
my friend put a wing from an old GMC fullsize van, on his new Shadow he bought for 600$ its the best thing that car ever had added to it lol.
but in reality i've never found wings to be anything other than a useless eyesore, not too many warrant the purchase the guy made for it imo.
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

Wings do too make the cars go faster...And so do the Stickers and the aftermarket emblems....

HAHAHA

Gotta love Ricers....I used to have an Eclipse GSX....I never added anything to the outside of the car exept the Z rated tires that I won at a car show.....All my money went under the hood for go fast goodies....I even took off all the GSX markings...I like the sleeper look myself.....

How many people have came through my shop with those big "Look At Me" Wings on their cars..if you look at the trunk lid you can see where the wing has made it buckle a little cuz they didnt brace it right...Funny as hell./..

Do I need a wing on my Car? -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
LOL saw a cartoon.  A guy had his ricer car done up.  Had some 5 gazillion stickers on it and a 3 foot wing with some massively ugly tires and rims.  He was like "yeah got an extra 7 hp out of the decals and wing, but only 3 out of the intake, strange"  I just laugh because I know many guys that are like that.
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
wings are useless their made just for looks the only car i've seen that has a point to use a wing is the porsch 911 to stabilize the swag movement when it goes above 55 mph other than that whats the point...Gonna spend an extra 100 to 250 bucks on a wing plus painting it might as well invest that cash on another toy for inside your ride .Improve your sound or video,etc........
AudioPro111
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
they make the people feel like 95 hrosepower under the hood is alot so wee need downforce to keep all that power on the wheels for more traction. toobad all the imports are front wheel drive. its not going to be long untill some tool puts one on the hood of the car...
to me there nothing more than big cheese graters on the back of the car
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic