icon

problems with led scanner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ninjaxryder 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
aight here's the deal.....i just installed my led scanner on my car..the way i connected was i cut the stock led which had only a red and black wire...so black to black...red to constant power(so i connected it to the yellow wire behind my radio...and yellow to the red....it works but the designs won't change..it only blinks..even when i press the button...also when i added another led scanner i connected to the same wires that i previously install the first scanner...and then both of them do not work....i tried them both on a 9 volt battery and both works....so i was wondering what i did wrong...thanks
Sexified 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
the output of the alarm is a pulsed power to the l.e.d. itself. so when you hook up the scanner to the l.e.d. wires the power (red) is technically "flashing" the power to the scanner, thus not supplying enough current to be able to change the scanner patterns. in short it's like setting the vcr's clock then unplugging it
do it like this......re connect your alarms l.e.d, then place your scanner where you want it mounted. get your ground, ignition, and 12 volt supply from either your stereo, or under the dash at the ignition harness,with your other alarm connections. this way when you turn on the car the scanner shuts off, and when you shut the car off the scanner works, regardless of weather or not the alarm is armed....and you can control the scan patterns.
i hope i helped.
ninjaxryder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

so what you are saying is that i can connect the red black and yellow wires from the scanner directly on the red black and yellow on the radio??....also will it turn on when arm the alarm or it will just turn on when i turn off the car

ninjaxryder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

so i can connect all the wires behind the scanner to the wires behind the radio....and will it turn off when i start the car??

ninjaxryder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i double posted...my comp was messed up so i didn't know if it went though
Sexified 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
it will shut off when the car is started, and turn on when it's not. it will work regardless of what the alarm is doing.......real good if you forget to arm your alarm.
sweet.
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  

if you wan to hook it up so it's activated by the alarm (I know i use it so i know when my alarm is armed, not just others)

assuming that the red and black are power and ground hook those up to the wires from the back of the stereo, you want to hook to the constant 12v line, then connect the yellow wire to an output from your alarm that is negative when armed, that will activate the scanner when the alarm is activated.

Gavin
SWEDISH RICE!
ninjaxryder 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
im sorry but im new at this......so i am gonna connect the red wire to the constant power behind the radio with is yellow....connect the black wire to the black behind the radio and the yellow to an output from your alarm that is negative when armed.....where is the output located...is it one of the red or black wires connected to the stock led that comes with the alarm...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic